NBA Finals

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Re: NBA Finals

Postby Deadcat » June 14th, 2012, 9:18 am

Game 2. Let's see if Miami has the nutsack to man up and win one.

I do agree that Durant can score at will. He's not Jordan but he's got that "give me the ball I'm taking over" ability. I think Jordon was a much stronger defender which is something Durant will have to work on. But after Kobe, he's probably the closest to Jordan I see in today's NBA. Plus how can you not root for that kid.

I expect Lebron to come out strong this game and try to seal the win in the first half. They had a decent lead last game but they'll know this time that 10 pts aren't enough. Lebron will be gunning for a 20 pt lead at half. If they can get that I look for them to win game two. I also expect the coach to make some defensive adjustments. He did so against the Celtics and that seemed to turn that series around more than anything.

This will be fun to watch!
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 14th, 2012, 2:46 pm

My prediction: UKC wins tonights game, Miami wins game 3 at home and the teams split the next two at Miami. OKC then clinches it back home in game 6. :twisted:
Bengals1

Postby orange_black » June 15th, 2012, 9:09 am

i think last night the big lights got to the thunder.

missed free throws is what i saw. I think when you're a great free throw team like the thunder, and ur missing free throws... it's nerves...

still think the thunder have a shot at this... and if they can remember to play in the 1st half, they have a shot to steal at least 1 and maybe 2 in miami.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Deadcat » June 15th, 2012, 9:47 am

Miami did what I said they needed to do. The Thunder is a second half team. The Heat got a big enough lead in the first to sustain them in the second. Their defense was better and they hit the shots they missed the first game. I think Bosh is finally getting up to speed which is a tremendous help. Having three scorers on the floor is a lot better than two. I also think Miami's coach makes excellent defensive adjustments. He was able to change the game plan enough to effect the outcome. Lebron also seemed to play different, harder. Either he or the coaching staff realized a weakness with the Thunder and took advantage of it.

Momentum now swings to Miami. The Thunder have to win an away game. They can shoot the lights out of the ball so I still sticking with my winner of the first game wins prediction. Again, this will be a great series to watch. Much better than if the Spurs and/or the Celtics were here.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 15th, 2012, 11:11 am

OKC will win in six. It's incredibly difficult to beat any team 3 times in a row, let alone one of the 2 best teams in the entire league....
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 19th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Game 4. Will be hard to stop Miami if they win this one. Both B1 and I will be wrong with our predictions if this comes to pass.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 19th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Deadcat wrote:Game 4. Will be hard to stop Miami if they win this one. Both B1 and I will be wrong with our predictions if this comes to pass.

Past the first game, I've been wrong about everything in this series.... :oops:
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 20th, 2012, 7:39 am

Hard to believe Miami doesn't pull this off. The guys I watched the games with have all commented how lopsided (in Miami's favor) the calls have been. Has anyone else noticed that.
Deadcat

Postby TheBurn » June 20th, 2012, 7:49 am

Deadcat wrote:Hard to believe Miami doesn't pull this off. The guys I watched the games with have all commented how lopsided (in Miami's favor) the calls have been. Has anyone else noticed that.
Absolutely, although obviously an opinion.
TheBurn

Postby orange_black » June 20th, 2012, 9:29 am

i havent been able to watch the past 2 games because of prior commitments.... but seems like every morning when i wake up and go to work, i listen to Mike & Mike talking about the officiating....

so something has got to be messed up...
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Previous

Return to Other Sports