Thanks all for the increase in activity lately.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Thanks all for the increase in activity lately.

Post by 4256 Hits » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:03 pm

The last month or so of the season this place was a ghost town that I did not think would ever come back to life but it is great to see the revival of this small but great place. As much as I don't want to give that old bastard any credit I much give some kudos to B1 his return has been one of the main reasons.

Bengals1

Re: Thanks all for the increase in activity lately.

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:17 pm

Give me a Members Only section and I'll keep you entertained from now until doomsday..... :twisted:

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:44 pm

:lol: .... definitely palpable... fun to check in every day again

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:03 pm
The last month or so of the season this place was a ghost town that I did not think would ever come back to life but it is great to see the revival of this small but great place. As much as I don't want to give that old bastard any credit I much give some kudos to B1 his return has been one of the main reasons.
Let's not give the old man too much credit...he's insufferable enough as it is!

Anyway, it's more likely that we're all just going stir crazy, and clicking refresh on this page is the only thing keeping us sane. Or, for some of us, no more crazy than we already are.

Also, let's be real. The last couple seasons have beaten a lot of us down. Futility on top of futility. With the #1 pick, we can be optimistic, or at least optimistic enough to let ourselves care about this team again.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:21 pm

Exile wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 pm
Let's not give the old man too much credit...he's insufferable enough as it is!
In the immortal words of Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday, "My insufferablness knows no bounds." :lol:

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Exile wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:09 pm
Also, let's be real. The last couple seasons have beaten a lot of us down. Futility on top of futility. With the #1 pick, we can be optimistic, or at least optimistic enough to let ourselves care about this team again.
Let's be real the 2015 playoff loss really was the crescendo, and collapsed a lot of our fandom. The last 4 years just beat us down until we we're, what we're hoping was rock bottom. The sudden jolt of having the first pick and a kid that's got some serious spunk is pulling us out of the pit we've had to suffer all this time. It's like the Bengals are in a proverbial street fight, we were knocked down and have been getting kicked, someone has spotted us and giving us hope. Now they can either stand up and fight back or just lay down and continue to get kicked.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:18 pm

In my insufferable opinion it wasn't just the 2015 play-off loss, it was also the horrible draft choices that followed. Ross, Price, Oogie-Boogie, Fischer, "Junior" Samples, etc...

We could have recovered from that loss just like we recovered from all the previous first round play-off loses but the horrible draft choices and bad injury luck that went hand in hand with them caused many previous die-hard Bengal fans to give up.

I think the thought became that this was and is, a snake bit organization that simply doesn't know how to win or put a winning team together...so why bother?

Those die-hard fans aren't wrong either.... :x

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:40 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:18 pm
In my insufferable opinion it wasn't just the 2015 play-off loss, it was also the horrible draft choices that followed. Ross, Price, Oogie-Boogie, Fischer, "Junior" Samples, etc...

We could have recovered from that loss just like we recovered from all the previous first round play-off loses but the horrible draft choices and bad injury luck that went hand in hand with them caused many previous die-hard Bengal fans to give up.

I think the thought became that this was and is, a snake bit organization that simply doesn't know how to win or put a winning team together...so why bother?

Well for myself and a lot of my friends felt that it was that 2015 playoff loss because of the start of the season. It was literally the best Bengals team we'd seen in a very long time. That team played together so well, made the best of each situation, the come back win against Seattle that year comes to mind. That loss was the beginning of the end of that era, the draft picks were just us getting kicked while we were down. But hey who am I to argue with the GREAT B1!... I'll step aside and let the King again tell me I'm wrong.

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:46 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:40 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

Well for myself and a lot of my friends felt that it was that 2015 playoff loss because of the start of the season. It was literally the best Bengals team we'd seen in a very long time. That team played together so well, made the best of each situation, the come back win against Seattle that year comes to mind. That loss was the beginning of the end of that era, the draft picks were just us getting kicked while we were down. But hey who am I to argue with the GREAT B1!... I'll step aside and let the King again tell me I'm wrong.
You guys are hilarious. You basically agree here, that 2015's playoff loss was the turning point, but you'll now spend 6 pages of comments going back and forth on why the other guy's an idiot. Imma go get some popcorn and settle in.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:55 pm

Exile wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:46 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:40 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

You guys are hilarious. You basically agree here, that 2015's playoff loss was the turning point, but you'll now spend 6 pages of comments going back and forth on why the other guy's an idiot. Imma go get some popcorn and settle in.
Nah I'm the Meathead, B1 is always right so I'll just step aside and allow the King his speech.