Tiger Woods

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Tiger Woods

Postby stripesincarolina » May 29th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Seriously, this kid.....man....has probably been the biggest let down for me of any pro I have ever followed in any sport. Not that I am suggesting that sports stars are role models, or that I look to them for any sort of moral compass, but guys /gals that you follow because they have a great story to tell on top of their over achieving performances. Is it really that impossible for a sports star, movie star, to lead a somewhat centered lifestyle while they set records? Would Tiger have strayed the way he did if his father was still alive? Was his upbringing the problem with his life? Frustrating to see this guy just cave in.
stripesincarolina

Re: Tiger Woods

Postby stripesincarolina » May 30th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Even with the news today that this appears to be medically related and not due to alcohol, I still dont get why a guy worth a gillion dollars would ever be driving himself around knowing he was on pain meds. Just poor decision making on many fronts going back many years.

I think he will get past this issue, but the image is further tarnished and I'm sure a few more sponsors will head for the exits.
stripesincarolina

Postby Bengals1 » June 13th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Johnny Manziel was a pretty big flop too. Although I see what you mean. Johnny never gave himself the chance to become something. He killed his pro career at least before it ever really got started.

Tiger was the most dominant man in Pro Gold for about a decade or so....
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » August 9th, 2017, 11:55 am

Johnny was a nobody punk kid. Tiger could have ultimately been the best ever had he not faded. I loved watching Tiger in the heyday. He was the best. He made a boring sport exciting. I'm still pulling for a comeback but it's looking near impossible at this point.
Deadcat

Return to Other Sports