NBA Play Offs/Finals

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Re: NBA Play Offs/Finals

Postby Deadcat » June 10th, 2015, 8:28 am

It's not over, but the Cavs very well could be 3-0 here. With Lebron, you can't count them out.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 10th, 2015, 10:59 am

I never got to see a second of last nights game so other than the final score, I have no idea what happened.

By the time I got home it was half-time or a little after out here. I was promptly informed by MrsB1 that our #1 son had "lost" the toy drone we got him for Christmas. Apparently he was demonstrating to his Mom how high he could get it to go yesterday afternoon and a gust of wind blew it away.

So I spent most of my evening driving around the neighborhood with my son peering into peoples trees and roofs and front yards trying to spy a 10" black drone.

Never spotted it so he's going to put up fliers on the post office boxes around the area today.

Well, there goes $150 right down the drain..... :roll:
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » June 15th, 2015, 12:09 pm

3-2 Warriors. The Cavs are gonna' hafta' win two in a row to become champions. Not impossible but you gotta' like Golden States chances if it comes to a 7th game at home for them.
Bengals1

Postby stripesincarolina » June 16th, 2015, 10:34 pm

Cavs just cant hang against GS shooting and the transition game with the smaller, quicker lineup. Series over.
stripesincarolina

Postby Bengals1 » June 16th, 2015, 11:45 pm

Warriors in six, just like most people predicted. Can't say I feel sorry for Clowntown, especially after LeBron's "I'm the best player in the world" crack. Even if true, and it just might be, the arrogance to say it is childish.

And thank Go we don't have to see any more of Trollabendova for another year.Man was I getting sick of hearing how good he was for running around like a chicken with it's head cut off and throwing his body at better players to knock them off stride. :roll:
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » June 17th, 2015, 7:36 am

I feel like you are trying to bait me, but I'm really not interested in it.

The Cavs did the best they could. The series should have been over in game one, but the Cavs hung in there and made it one of the most enjoyable series of basketball I've ever watched. Lebron could have probably been MVP of the series in a losing cause if the series would have gone to game seven. The Warriors really were the best team in basketball. Every time Lebron took a breather it looked like the NBA Champions playing against a bunch of local YMCA gym rats.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » June 17th, 2015, 12:20 pm

Jmble wrote:I feel like you are trying to bait me, but I'm really not interested in it.

Paranoid much?

Jmble wrote: The Cavs did the best they could. The series should have been over in game one, but the Cavs hung in there and made it one of the most enjoyable series of basketball I've ever watched. Lebron could have probably been MVP of the series in a losing cause if the series would have gone to game seven. The Warriors really were the best team in basketball. Every time Lebron took a breather it looked like the NBA Champions playing against a bunch of local YMCA gym rats.

I don't really disagree with any of that. It was obvious before the series even started that the Warriors were the more talented, deeper bunch. The intrigue was in whether LeBron and Company could make a series of it and maybe pull a rabbit out of what was left of their hat. And they did make a series of it to their credit.

And I don't doubt LeBron is the best player in the world at this point in time, it's just classless for him to state it himself is all. And the context in which he stated it was sour grapes, "I'm not winning but I'm still the best....so there."

Stay classy Cleveland..... :roll:
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 19th, 2015, 10:24 am

Why is it classless to state the truth. He wasn't being cocky. He wasn't rubbing it in people's faces. He was stating the obvious to give teammates and fans hope that they could still win. Lebron with anyone with talent on his roster could have won that. This is why he left Cleveland before. Even the best player in the world needs help to win it all. But what's amazing is the best player alone is enough to get them to the finals. He's done it twice now.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 19th, 2015, 10:56 am

Deadcat wrote:Why is it classless to state the truth. He wasn't being cocky. He wasn't rubbing it in people's faces. He was stating the obvious to give teammates and fans hope that they could still win. Lebron with anyone with talent on his roster could have won that. This is why he left Cleveland before. Even the best player in the world needs help to win it all. But what's amazing is the best player alone is enough to get them to the finals. He's done it twice now.

I couldn't disagree more. He wasn't saying it to give his team and their fans hope, he was saying it out of sour grapes. "Yeah, we're getting our asses beat.....but I'm still the greatest player in the game....so there!"

You're just looking at this through the eyes of a native Ohioan and want to think the best of him.

Shouldn't you be down at the post office anyway....?
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 19th, 2015, 12:40 pm

Hey, this isn't a bet I lost. I am doing this as a favor. I don't owe you anything. I'll ship it. Patience!
Deadcat

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports