NBA Play Offs/Finals

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Re: NBA Play Offs/Finals

Postby Bengals1 » June 6th, 2015, 11:15 am

Sweep! :twisted:
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » June 7th, 2015, 10:26 pm

I'll tell you where you can stick that sweep. :P

Not a pretty game, but I'll take a sloppy win over a pretty loss any day.

This series would be taking years off my life if I was as emotionally involved as I am with the Bengals.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » June 7th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Jmble wrote:I'll tell you where you can stick that sweep. :P

Not a pretty game, but I'll take a sloppy win over a pretty loss any day.

This series would be taking years off my life if I was as emotionally involved as I am with the Bengals.

Tonight's win was a dictionary case of one team wanting it more. The Cavs came out like team with their backs against the wall (which they are) and the Warriors played like a team that was taking the whole thing for granted. Needless to say, I doubt they do that again.

Tonight's one-off win notwithstanding, I bet the Warriors win it in 6.
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 8th, 2015, 7:26 am

What more can you ask for, two games, two overtimes. The Cavs actually had a chance to win both. They should have one the first. I'm not sure how anyone can be writing them off right now.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 8th, 2015, 6:22 pm

Deadcat wrote:What more can you ask for, two games, two overtimes. The Cavs actually had a chance to win both. They should have one the first. I'm not sure how anyone can be writing them off right now.

If I'm not mistaken nobody currently on the Warriors has any play-off experience. Zilch, Zero, Nada.

They're young, but they're deeper and more talented than the Cavs, at least at this point in the season. Golden State is like 10 deep while the Cavs are using maybe 7 players a night. That does not bode well for them over a 7 game series.

I seriously doubt they will take Cleveland lightly again. They ought to have learned their lesson after last nigh.

Golden State in 6. You heard it here first.... 8-)
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 9th, 2015, 6:19 am

Actually, golden state only played 7 last game. So much for your depth argument. And the Cavs have the best player in the universe so talent really isn't an issue. If the Cavs keep playing tough defense, they'll be fine. And as far as your prediction. The popular choice has been Warriors in six so I heard about 1000 places before you came to that conclusion, but I'd it makes you feel better....lol!

I root for Lebron like I root for tiger. I just want to see one of the best ever achieve his goals. Jordon was better than Lebron in my opinion, but I like the argument so I'm pulling for Lebron to get his rings. Doesn't hurt that he's a local boy playing for the local team.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 9th, 2015, 11:28 am

I like the whole idea of LeBron returning to Cleveland, it's a nice story in a day and age where sports is full of Ray Rice's and Aaron Hernandez's.

I have no love for Golden State, bunch of bay area liberals. So if the Cavs win I won't lose a moment of sleep.

The race isn't always to the fast nor the battle to the strong.....but that's the way to bet! 8-)
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 9th, 2015, 1:36 pm

You don't win big money betting on the favorite.
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » June 9th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Deadcat wrote:You don't win big money betting on the favorite.

Actually, I never bet money on sports, don't care for it. I become to involved in the money aspect to enjoy the actual game.
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » June 9th, 2015, 10:49 pm

Still see the Warriors winning in 6?

I'm not going to say losing Irving made this team better. That would be a foolish argument, but it did change the way this team played and that may be a better strategy for beating the Warriors.

I'm having more fun watching Matthew Dellavadova play than I've had watching a scrappy young foreigner since Manu Ginobli arrived on the scene. Delly is like a poor man's Ginobli. He doesn't have quite as much talent, but he throws his body all over the court to win.

If the Cavs do win this series, there's no question that Lebron is the MVP of the series, but Delly will be the reason they won along with Lebron.

On a side note, my hatred for JR Smith knows no bounds. I cringe every time he gets his hands on the ball. Not only that, but dude makes some of the stupidest fouls I've ever seen.
Jmble

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports