Cavaliers

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Cavaliers

Postby Jmble » November 11th, 2014, 2:34 pm

Heading to Cleveland this weekend for my first NBA game in person. Couldn't be more excited. My wife has been a Cavs fan all her life, so I've been rooting for them the last two years while they pretty much sucked and I've actually kind of developed a rooting interest in the team.

Now it will be fun to go up there and see Lebron in person.

I have turned her into a Reds and Bengals fan. Luckily she was never a fan of any of the other Cleveland sports teams, but it's fun to have an NBA team to actually root for again.
Jmble

Re: Cavaliers

Postby Bengals1 » November 11th, 2014, 3:05 pm

They seem to be jelling finally. Who are you going to see them aganst....?
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » November 11th, 2014, 3:09 pm

The Atlanta Hawks. Not the most exciting team, but they have a couple of good players. Al Horford and Kyle Korver are both solid. And I loved watching Shelvin Mack at Butler for those back to back final four runs.

There's some other decent players, just nobody that is exciting to see. But I guess the Cavs have that covered for exciting players.

One thing though, I would have lost a bet if somebody asked me whether Elton Brand was still in the league. Apparently he is hiding on the bench down in Atlanta. He only has two more points than me so far this year.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » November 11th, 2014, 3:27 pm

I admit I lost a lot of interest in the NBA back when Bird and Magic left the league. I tried to continue rooting for the Celtics but as they got worse after the big 3 era my interest waned.

I started following pro basketball a bit more when the Celts got good again following the trade for Garnett and Allen. Now that they're both gone and the Celts suck again my interest has again diminished.

I haven’t gone to a game in person since the Lakers left the Fabulous Forum. I’ve been to Staples center for several concerts down through the years but never for a basketball game.

Try wearing some Bengal swag and see what happens.... :twisted:
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » November 11th, 2014, 3:32 pm

I've been a huge University of Cincinnati Bearcats fan my whole life. Going back to when my grandpa used to take me to every game when I was just a little kid. I never really got into the NBA until Nick Van Exel was drafted to the Lakers. I really rooted for the Lakers after that. Though my interest mostly went away because I was mostly rooting for one player. I have rooted for most Bearcats in the league to succeed but not really rooting for any one team. I still root for Kenyon Martin to do well, though he hasn't latched on with anybody yet this year.

It is a lot more fun though now that I'm actually rooting for a team.

I don't think I'll be wearing any Bengals gear to the game. I do have no trouble wearing Bengals gear around Cleveland though. But I actually have some Cavs gear that I can wear to the game.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » November 11th, 2014, 4:33 pm

I've never been much of a College basketball fan. I suppose if Ohio State made into the Championship game again like they did a few years ago I'd pay more attention but just to watch a game during the season....snore fest.

I do hope the Cavs get good, not only cuz' I think the fans of the Cavs got jobbed when Lebron left but it would give us one more thing to discuss around here...
Bengals1

Postby Bengals1 » November 16th, 2014, 6:14 pm

Quite a blow-out by the Cavs. How was the experience....?
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » November 17th, 2014, 8:51 am

It was actually a lot of fun. I can't remember ever being at a sporting event with that kind of emotion and electricity running through the place. We got to the game an hour early and the place was pretty much completely filled already. Seeing up close and personal what kind of sports fan Cleveland can be (not counting the Indians) it actually made me a little jealous that we don't ever have quite that kind of excitement around sporting events around here.

There's nothing quite like pregame and player introductions at the Cavs game when Lebron is in town. At least not since Michael Jordan left the Bulls.

The game was a lot of fun too. We sat almost all the way up in the corner and I still felt like I could see all the action just fine. It helped that they have four giant video boards and four other scoreboards all around the place too. I couldn't recommend it more if you get a chance. At least while Lebron is still around.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » November 17th, 2014, 12:23 pm

What else is there to do in Cleveland but root their sports teams on....and watch the lake burn. :twisted:
Bengals1

Return to Other Sports