Cleveland Cavs vs. the Trade Deadline

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Cleveland Cavs vs. the Trade Deadline

Postby Deadcat » February 7th, 2018, 11:28 am

There's a lot of talk about the Cavs and teams making moves at the trade deadline which I believe ends tomorrow. The Cavs as currently structured are a nightmare. IT doesn't fit or isn't healthy. Kevin Love has never really fit and is injured and not playing. The rest of the team aside from LeBron is old and not very good, especially on defense. They just dominated the Magic in the first half only to lose in the second. I almost believe that LeBron and the team is intentionally tanking to get some help. I'm interested to see what happens. If I'm the team I move IT and ride Jose Calderon (is he a DACA baby) at point. I also move Kevin Love for Marc Gasol who is better defensively. If the team can get Marc Gasol and keep Love as a 4 that would be even better. The organization is caught planning for LeBron to leave and trying to win now. You can't have both. I don't blame them because LeBron is noncommittal and the team has shown no signs of an ability to beat Golden State, even with more help. So with that said, I would be planning for life after LeBron too. From a selfish point, however, I hope they go for broke.

If LeBron leaves, I like the building blocks of IT and Kevin Love. Those two could create an offense that might work but the rest of the team would need to be blown up in favor of some younger talent. Kevin Love, IT and Crowder along with the number 4 pick are probably enough to get to the playoffs in the East. But they aren't doing much after that. I'm anxious to see what happens. On a side note, sounds like the team did ask LeBron if they could trade him and he said no.
Deadcat

Re: Cleveland Cavs vs. the Trade Deadline

Postby Bengals1 » February 8th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » February 8th, 2018, 3:56 pm

6 gone and 4 added. Overall I think that they did well. Now this entirely new team needs to learn to play with each other. And the funny thing is that they traded so many players that they may have to call up players in order to field a team for their next game. Can NBA teams forfeit?
Deadcat

Postby Bengals1 » February 8th, 2018, 4:22 pm

Deadcat wrote: Now this entirely new team needs to learn to play with each other.

Fish in a barrel B1.....fish in a barrel.......
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » February 9th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Deadcat wrote: Now this entirely new team needs to learn to play with each other.

Fish in a barrel B1.....fish in a barrel.......

You, my friend, are the definition of a dirty old man.
Deadcat

Return to Other Sports