Mayweather vs McGregor Fight is a Go!

Talk Basketball, Hockey, Auto Racing, or that thing where you ski and then shoot.

Re: Mayweather vs McGregor Fight is a Go!

Postby Deadcat » August 28th, 2017, 8:38 am

It was a great fight. McGregor held his own and scared some Mayweather fans early. McGregor definitely let some MMA instincts get through with some illegal hammer punches. The ref did a good job of stopping it but not penalizing McGregor. Mayweather employed a strategy of turning his back every time McGregor started to land punches. That too was illegal on Mayweather's part. That's usually when McGregor employed the hammer punches. Nothing you can do when a guy turns his back on you. In MMA, a guy turns his back on you and you destroy him. In boxing, apparently, you can only hit a guy when he's looking at you.

It was obvious Mayweather's camp won the battle of strategic planning. Mayweather spent about four rounds dodging McGregor punches in hopes of wearing him down. Mayweather then turned in on in the 5th. After 9 rounds the two were only 1 point apart. But McGregor was gassed and had nothing (and I mean nothing) left. McGregor came into the fight heavy in hopes of wearing Mayweather down. I believe had McGregor came into the fight smaller and in better shape he might have done better. McGregor also couldn't afford to let the fight go 10 rounds. He should have been more violent and aggressive early. This was definitely a case where wisdom and experience beat youth. Once McGregor was gassed, he stopped defending himself. Mayweather started landing solid punch after solid punch. Early on when McGregor was landing hits, neither were landing anything solid.

Anyone who suggests that Mayweather could have survived an MMA version of this fight is an idiot. McGregor would have won in the first or second round had more MMA rules been allowed. That back turning thing, in hindsight, was brilliant.
Deadcat

Postby orange_black » August 28th, 2017, 1:28 pm

I dont know what you guys were watching.

This was one of the least entertaining fights i've ever seen. McGregor DOES NOT belong in a boxing ring....

i noticed within 10 seconds of the first round..... McGregor's hands were low, his jaw was open.... i told my buddies.... dude's gonna get his jaw broken if hes not careful.

HE IS NOT A BOXER.

mayweathere stood around for 9 rounds and barely even threw any punches. He just wanted to fight to last longer "for the fans".

when he was ready to go home, he flipped the switch and McGregor got destroyed.

horrible fight. I'm more dissapointed that Mayweather waited so long to try. For the sake of boxing, he should have kill him in the first round. The only message that got sent by this fight is that uneducated fight fans will believe MMA guys can stand in the ring with a hall-of-fame champion boxer.

complete and utter BS.
WHODEY BITC... i mean... PEOPLE!!!!
orange_black

Postby Bengals1 » August 28th, 2017, 4:14 pm

orange_black wrote:The only message that got sent by this fight is that uneducated fight fans will believe MMA guys can stand in the ring with a hall-of-fame champion boxer. complete and utter BS.

No, it also sends the message that idiots in Ohio and New Mexico will pay $99 to watch a fight that went exactly as everyone and their dog knew it would.... :roll:
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » August 28th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
orange_black wrote:The only message that got sent by this fight is that uneducated fight fans will believe MMA guys can stand in the ring with a hall-of-fame champion boxer. complete and utter BS.

No, it also sends the message that idiots in Ohio and New Mexico will pay $99 to watch a fight that went exactly as everyone and their dog knew it would.... :roll:

I enjoyed the fights. Even though I expected Mayweather to win. The fight was a Tyson 10-second knockout. It was worth the money. We had a houseful of kids too. So renting the fight was cheaper than taking them all to the movies or to BW3 to watch the fight there.
Deadcat

Previous

Return to Other Sports