Hey JoeB: Manson family member Linda Kasabian dead at 73

Talk about non Bengals stuff
Bengals1

Hey JoeB: Manson family member Linda Kasabian dead at 73

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:17 pm

Manson family member Linda Kasabian dead at 73

LOS ANGELES - Linda Kasabian, member of Charles Manson's "Family" who later testified against the cult leader and other members, has died. She was 73.

Kasabian died Jan. 21 in Tacoma, Washington and her body was cremated, TMZ reports. Her cause of death has not been revealed.

A death certificate obtained by the outlet indicated that Kasabian had changed her last name to "Chiochios" to protect her identity and hide her former affiliation with the cult.

Kasabian took part in the notorious 1969 murder spree in Los Angeles that left seven people dead, among them actress Sharon Tate, the eight-months-pregnant wife of director Roman Polanski. Kasabian detailed for the court how Charles "Tex" Watson, Patricia Krenwinkel and Susan Atkins shot and stabbed the victims.

In exchange for testifying against Manson, Watson, Krenwinkel, and Atkins, Kasabian was granted immunity.

In Milford, New Hampshire, Kasabian said of the verdict: "I’m not surprised, but my heart really grieves for them."

Kasabian had reportedly lived in Tacoma with her daughter since the late 1980s.

During an interview with Larry King in 2009, Kasabian said she had been "on a path of healing and rehabilitation" and claimed she felt guilty over the killings.

Kasabian said from the stand that although she witnessed the killings and drove the getaway car during the Tate-LaBianca killings, she did not hurt anyone.

Kasabian’s testimony helped prosecutors secure murder convictions against Manson and his co-defendants, who were all sentenced to life in prison.

Manson died in prison in 2017 at age 83 after going into cardiac arrest following a battle with colon cancer.

https://www.foxla.com/news/manson-famil ... -73-report

Joe Bananas

Re: Hey JoeB: Manson family member Linda Kasabian dead at 73

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:49 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:17 pm
Manson family member Linda Kasabian dead at 73

LOS ANGELES - Linda Kasabian, member of Charles Manson's "Family" who later testified against the cult leader and other members, has died. She was 73.

Kasabian died Jan. 21 in Tacoma, Washington and her body was cremated, TMZ reports. Her cause of death has not been revealed.

A death certificate obtained by the outlet indicated that Kasabian had changed her last name to "Chiochios" to protect her identity and hide her former affiliation with the cult.

Kasabian took part in the notorious 1969 murder spree in Los Angeles that left seven people dead, among them actress Sharon Tate, the eight-months-pregnant wife of director Roman Polanski. Kasabian detailed for the court how Charles "Tex" Watson, Patricia Krenwinkel and Susan Atkins shot and stabbed the victims.

In exchange for testifying against Manson, Watson, Krenwinkel, and Atkins, Kasabian was granted immunity.

In Milford, New Hampshire, Kasabian said of the verdict: "I’m not surprised, but my heart really grieves for them."

Kasabian had reportedly lived in Tacoma with her daughter since the late 1980s.

During an interview with Larry King in 2009, Kasabian said she had been "on a path of healing and rehabilitation" and claimed she felt guilty over the killings.

Kasabian said from the stand that although she witnessed the killings and drove the getaway car during the Tate-LaBianca killings, she did not hurt anyone.

Kasabian’s testimony helped prosecutors secure murder convictions against Manson and his co-defendants, who were all sentenced to life in prison.

Manson died in prison in 2017 at age 83 after going into cardiac arrest following a battle with colon cancer.

https://www.foxla.com/news/manson-famil ... -73-report
Oh wow. I heard rumors at one time she was on fb, but never knew how true it was. Of course I guess we would never know unless we were associated with her in some sort of way. Dammit I feel old. 73, and dead, Manson 83 and dead, spahn range no more. The celio drive house torn down and replaced. History is slipping away from us man. I would love to visit spahn rangen although it isn't there any longer and from what I heard isn't it part of a state park or something now?
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:44 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:49 pm
Oh wow. I heard rumors at one time she was on fb, but never knew how true it was. Of course I guess we would never know unless we were associated with her in some sort of way. Dammit I feel old. 73, and dead, Manson 83 and dead, spahn range no more. The celio drive house torn down and replaced. History is slipping away from us man. I would love to visit spahn rangen although it isn't there any longer and from what I heard isn't it part of a state park or something now?
I visited the area where Spahn's Ranch stood a couple of times when I lived in LA. The last time was just a year before we moved to Sedona.

There is basically nothing left but an over grown field now the buildings having burned down in a wild fire in 1971. The first time I visited it in the mid-80s I found a few pieces of burnt wood, that was as much as was left of the original ranch.

On my last visit the area was so over grown with bushes and weeds it was difficult just to walk around. The land has been on private property since the late 70s and the people who own it are not fond of lookee-loos. They'll run you off the property if they catch you there.

The best place to view it is the parking lot of the Church across the street. The church grounds are much higher and you can literally peer down on the site without fear of anyone bothering you. If your familiar with what the original ranch looked like you can make out the layout of the place pretty well from up there.

If you're really brave you can walk down the ravine behind the ranch site and find Manson rock. The family had their picture taken there several times and it looks pretty much the same today as it did in Manson's time.

There is also a fairly deep gully beside the ranch site that can be accessed from the main highway that runs beside the ranch site. At the bottom of this ravine is a cave like area. One of the larger rocks in the cave has Susan Atkins "Family name" Sexy Sadie carved in it. She carved it around the time of the murders in the late 60s. Unfortunately, the people who own the property today have done their best to scratch out the letters to discourage people from making their way down there to gawk at it. Once again, if you know what to look for you can still make them out.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:01 pm

Dam. That be cool. And no, I don't know the lay out. If you know me I have no sense of direction, like none what so ever. I still get lost at the hospital I work for and ive been there 2 years. So I would definitely have to study or have someone who knows the area there with me.

That's neat shit. I had no idea about the creek, rocks and such. It sounds like the new owners are real peaches to deal with. I don't believe the church was there back in the day was it?
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:53 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:01 pm
I don't believe the church was there back in the day was it?
The church is called The Church at Rocky Peak and it wasn't built until 1988 so it wasn't there in Manson's time nor the first time I visited the property in the mid-80s.