Upcoming Food Supply Shortages

Talk about non Bengals stuff
stripesincarolina

Upcoming Food Supply Shortages

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Being in the network of folks I hang with professionally I am privy to many different sources of intel from supply chain folks to chefs to grocery chain executives, etc. I know that the news is beginning to pick up on the looming food supply shortages, specifically beginning with the wheat supply. But I'm not sure there is enough emphahsis on how bad this will likely get.

I'd love to hear anything about what others here are hearing and seeing as we progress towards summer. We have a pretty diverse group here and certainly spread across the country. The next 90-120 days will be quite interesting to say the least. Post videos, articles, etc. And for what its worth, I recommend you all stock up sooner than later. If the shortage doesnt affect you the prices certainly will!
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Re: Upcoming Food Supply Shortages

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:33 pm

I have five cats, two kids and an Amazon for a wife.

I'm not going to run out of things to eat for a while.... :twisted:

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:33 am

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/0 ... shortages/

Slow to develop but its gonna hit hard. June, July, August will be interesting months. Something to watch (and prep for).
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:56 am

Famine seems like the most likely next plague

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat May 07, 2022 1:06 pm

Just finished with the Craft Brewers Conference this week. Expect a slight increase in beer prices for 2023. Many of us have been trying to avoid increasing prices even though we struggled through steel and aluminum tariffs pre covid and current inflation plus grain supplies stressed due to Russia.

One interesting tidbit is that suppliers importing foreign goods are seeing shipping prices drop considerably. That is pretty big news. Should help prices to start to level off at least.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:24 pm

Ok this could get very very bad, I have friends that work at Marathon and they are having trouble getting material into their refineries to turn into fuel, as well as drivers and other resources to get the fuel out. Personally looking at the Agriculture industry we've seen prices of fertilizer and fuel go thru the roof, this lead guys in our area to just not use it which will effect output greatly. I will point out that seed this year didn't increase, look for that to jump next year because of the fertilizer situation this year. Now with that being said I'm hearing thru some farmers that Fertilizer won't even be available next year to most people, if they don't get it applied for 2 years in a row you're looking at very very poor yields. They will reply heavily on cover crops or other ways of getting some kind of nutrition into the ground. Many areas put very tight restrictions on spreading manure which will likely have to get lifted to help, but I doubt that's going to happen.

So in conclusion this could be extremely bad, more then likely what we'll see here in the US however is just certain things your used to you won't be able to find. Other parts of the world will be effected much worse then we will get it.