Poor, Poor Reds

Talk MLB. Go Reds!

Poor, Poor Reds

Postby JOTT » October 11th, 2012, 7:35 pm

What a terrible way to go out on a good season. Still can't believe it ended like that.

On the positive side, this team got more experience losing in the 1st round of the postseason and most of them will be back next year for another run.

Keep Clutchwick, sign another ACE and get a solid good hitting CF. Upgrade the bench and keep the bull pen intact. Leave Chapman as the closer. Make sure Stubby learns to hit in the offseason.
JOTT

Re: Poor, Poor Reds

Postby Deadcat » October 12th, 2012, 9:15 am

Agreed. This is a crappy way to go out but we should be back next year. I think they need to move Chapman to one of our starting positions and find a closer. I forgive a lot with Stubbs because I feel his defense keeps us in many games and helps the pitching. I'd like, however, to get him out of the leadoff spot and find a true leadoff man. I think we finally say goodbye to Rolen and give third to Frazier. I don't think we need much more than depth (bats) on the bench. We should be able to find those pieces.
Deadcat

Postby Benzoo » October 12th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Chapman is not closer material. He's too lanky and wears down quickly. I think Broxton is signed through next season and he should be the closer. I believe Hoover will eventually get the chance. I've heard that the Tigers will release Brennan Boesch. He was left off the post season roster. He's young and bats left and has some pop in his bat. Would be a nice compliment to Ludwick and Heisey. Gotta find replacements for Cairo and Valdez.
If Chapman goes in the rotation, I guess Leake is the odd man out. I know a lot of people hate Leake and are blaming him for losing the series. And I can't argue the fact that he is the fifth starter without a doubt. But, he's not bullpen material. In addition he's still young and apparently has some really good stuff, just gets too much of the plate at times. I would say trade bait. But, you would be trading for back up players.
Benzoo

Postby MeatHeadbengal » October 12th, 2012, 12:39 pm

Chapman is right where he needs to be as one of the most dominate closers in the game. He's not a starter, he's not middle relief, he's right were he needs to be.
MeatHeadbengal

Return to Baseball