Reds All Star Debacle???

Talk MLB. Go Reds!

Reds All Star Debacle???

Postby Benzoo » July 3rd, 2012, 8:53 am

I'm going to assume that if you're following the Reds you know about the so called snubbing of Cueto and Phillips from the All Star team. Those 2 deserve to go and earned the right to go. But, really there is no place for them. The guys that got picked as reserves deserve to go as well. But, the problem lies within that 2 players that are starting shouldn't be going at all Pablo Sandoval and Dan Uggla.
Now my argument is that I think the Reds are being given a gift and should just ignore it for the time being. Mu case is that if Cuteo doesn't go to the game he starts the last game before the break and the first game after the break. If he goes he'll pitch the last game, although he would be limited on his pitch count. And he probably wouldn't start until the second game back with a strict pitch count limit. And, since we play the Cardinals when the break is over, I would want my staff fully rested and ready to go.
Benzoo

Re: Reds All Star Debacle???

Postby Deadcat » July 3rd, 2012, 10:53 am

From what I saw the fans voted him in. A lot of fans vote their team's players in instead of the best players. Until this changes, snubs are going to happen. The manager's picks are supposed to supplement the fans picks. There was some talk on 700 WLW that LaRussa may be holding the fight with the cards against both Phillips and Cueto. Phillips started the fight and I think they said Cueto injured a card (by kicking him if I recall). The manager is charged with winning the game and if he wants to pick his guys I can't really argue with that either. I'd probably not want those guys on my team either. All-star games are a joke anyway.
Deadcat

Postby MeatHeadbengal » July 3rd, 2012, 12:26 pm

From what I've seen Cueto is scheduled to pitch the last day before the break anyway, and LaRussa didn't think he would be able to pitch so he's out of the running for being an All-Star. I don't see why he should be, and then travel get the recognition and then not pitch. Not a huge deal anyway, I hope Cueto continues to pitch the way he does, and then he'll have a shot at the Cy Young award, win that then LaRussa looks like an ass!
MeatHeadbengal

Postby JOTT » July 13th, 2012, 7:56 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:From what I've seen Cueto is scheduled to pitch the last day before the break anyway, and LaRussa didn't think he would be able to pitch so he's out of the running for being an All-Star. I don't see why he should be, and then travel get the recognition and then not pitch. Not a huge deal anyway, I hope Cueto continues to pitch the way he does, and then he'll have a shot at the Cy Young award, win that then LaRussa looks like an ass!

I do think the whole Card vs Reds fight has something to do with it regardless. I think LaRussa got kicked by Cuteo when that went down.
JOTT

Return to Baseball