Anyone Else Paying Attention to Baseball?

Talk MLB. Go Reds!

Re: Anyone Else Paying Attention to Baseball?

Postby Benzoo » May 27th, 2016, 4:29 pm

UPDATE!, The Reds suck. And as of right now the future doesn't look bright.
Benzoo

Postby Deadcat » June 6th, 2016, 3:57 pm

That's not exactly true. The reds are following the model of the Cubs and some other teams that decimated their lineups short term to rebuild. We sold and are selling everyone not named Votto. Dat Dude would have been gone long ago if he wasn't holding fast to his no trade contract (which why he does blows my mind, I'd want to play for a winner). Bruce should be gone at the trade deadline and there's talk about moving Zach Kozart. There won't be a name you'll recognize after the traded deadline besides Votto. But that's a good thing because the names I recognize suck!

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/mlb-trade-rumors-cincinnati-reds-atlanta-braves-jay-bruce-julio-teheran/10tgkw7lwbmz712ksc0nkka633
Deadcat

Postby Ryno » June 7th, 2016, 7:34 am

Until they can dump Votto's contract nothing else will matter, that's the one that's killing the budget.
Hear them Bengals growling mean and angry.....
Ryno

Postby Benzoo » July 13th, 2016, 2:01 am

Well the season is half over. Well it's been over for awhile for the Reds. But, now is the time they need to start gearing it up for next season. Meaning Price shouldn't leave pitchers in to gain experience and let them deal with it. They learned enough in the first half. The bullpen, although still not great, got a ton better with Iglesias and Lorenzen. They also have to find away to get Peraza at least 10 plus at bats a week. That shouldn't be hard. There are plenty of growing pains still ahead, but Price has got to win now. Because if we don't win now with what we have. How do we expect to win with the same cast next season?
Benzoo

Postby Bengals1 » July 13th, 2016, 1:57 pm

I haven't even seen a Reds game this year. They're so bad the MLB Networks won't show them out here on the west coast, nobody would watch.

And the Dodgers signed an exclusive contract with Time Warner Cable about 2 years ago. So if you don't have TWC you can't get Dodger games at all anymore in LA..... :?
Bengals1

Previous

Return to Baseball