And with the first pick of the 2020 NFL Draft...

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: And with the first pick of the 2020 NFL Draft...

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:19 am
Anyone who watched the Nat'l Championship game still not want Burrow....? :roll:
Burrow's is our guy, and I think we all would be happy to draft him as long as they are able to fill a few holes before and during the draft.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:56 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:19 am
Anyone who watched the Nat'l Championship game still not want Burrow....? :roll:
Those first three drives I was thinking...... Man, he's been Bungalized already...

But man did he turn it on. He's fun to watch.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 pm

This is a Carson Palmer moment. Amazing pocket passer that anyone would be crazy not to draft. So like Meat said, he's our guy. And as Carson benefitted greatly, I hope he comes with an Eric Steinbach, Willie Anderson, Rich Braham, Stacey Andrews and Bobbie Williams or Burrows will be enjoying the blue sky view of PBS from on his back like Dalton.

I'm not against the pick (B1), I'm just not convinced this organziation has the balls or the budget to go out and find those players that can support JB. And that includes a defense that can keep the score in check and keep JB on the field.

For now I'll wait to see where Dalton ends up and that team will be my immediate pick for the next Superbowl. Thats just the way the Bengals karma rolls. :|

Oh, and I guess I'll dig up my #9 Palmer jersey and have my daughter sew Burrows on the back. Nice way to recoup some of that cash I gave to SoP before he pissed off our last franchise QB.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:24 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 pm
This is a Carson Palmer moment. Amazing pocket passer that anyone would be crazy not to draft. So like Meat said, he's our guy. And as Carson benefitted greatly, I hope he comes with an Eric Steinbach, Willie Anderson, Rich Braham, Stacey Andrews and Bobbie Williams or Burrows will be enjoying the blue sky view of PBS from on his back like Dalton.

I'm not against the pick (B1), I'm just not convinced this organziation has the balls or the budget to go out and find those players that can support JB. And that includes a defense that can keep the score in check and keep JB on the field.

For now I'll wait to see where Dalton ends up and that team will be my immediate pick for the next Superbowl. Thats just the way the Bengals karma rolls. :|

Oh, and I guess I'll dig up my #9 Palmer jersey and have my daughter sew Burrows on the back. Nice way to recoup some of that cash I gave to SoP before he pissed off our last franchise QB.
Right there with you stripes. Let me suggest that you have your daughter sew "Burrow" instead, but otherwise I think you're 100% correct.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Exile wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:24 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 pm
This is a Carson Palmer moment. Amazi8ng pocket passer that anyone would be crazy not to draft. So like Meat said, he's our guy. And as Carson benefitted greatly, I hope he comes with an Eric Steinbach, Willie Anderson, Rich Braham, Stacey Andrews and Bobbie Williams or Burrows will be enjoying the blue sky view of PBS from on his back like Dalton.

Right there with you stripes. Let me suggest that you have your daughter sew "Burrow" instead, but otherwise I think you're 100% correct.
Lol. Since we all cant seem to spell his name, I think I'll just have her sew "JB - The other one"

:lol:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Good luck getting babysitters after that. ;)

On a more serious note, you have to believe they see the same problems we do or why would they draft a LT with the first pick last year and then try and draft another O-lineman in the second before settling for "Junior" Samples in the second?

Clearly the coaching and scouting staffs see the same weak spots we do. The question is going to be whether SoP gives them the freedom to go out and rectify the problems.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 pm

B1, you are an awful lot more optimistic about this team since you came back. If I didn’t already know it was you I would suspect DC or Ryno coming back and posting under your moniker.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 pm
B1, you are an awful lot more optimistic about this team since you came back. If I didn’t already know it was you I would suspect DC or Ryno coming back and posting under your moniker.
I keep saying it CAN be done. That's a far cry from it WILL be done.... 8-)

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 pm
Jmble wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:02 pm
I keep saying it CAN be done. That's a far cry from saying it WILL be done.... 8-)

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 pm

Last edited by Bengals1 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.