2015 REDS

Talk MLB. Go Reds!

2015 REDS

Postby Benzoo » January 5th, 2015, 2:17 pm

That time of the year again. First week of January and hot on the baseball talk.
Personally, I'm not very optimistic about this upcoming season. And has little to do with the departures of Latos and Simon or the addition of Marlon Byrd.
There are just so many holes and recurring issues with the team. They address some, but not in the way they need to be done. Recently I seen a mock of what the everyday lineup would look like in batting order

Hamilton- CF
Votto-1B
Frazier-3B
Mesoraco-C
Bruce-RF
Phillips-2B
Byrd-LF
Cozart-SS
P

There's another one I seen that have Byrd and Hamilton flipped and Frazier and Votto flipped.
Benzoo

Re: 2015 REDS

Postby Deadcat » January 5th, 2015, 3:38 pm

I'm surprised with the lack of moves. This team needed shook up and started over. Too many high contracts that aren't performing.
Deadcat

Postby Ryno » January 5th, 2015, 4:21 pm

i swear the first thing I'd do is try and find a way to dump Votto, but no way with that anchor of a contract.

As to the lineup I think I'd go:

Hamilton
Votto
Phillips
Mesoraco
Frazier
Bruce
Byrd
Cozart

Could flip Frazier Bruce and Byrd really depending on match-ups and hot streaks. Going to be interesting to see the rotation, who goes 5th? Cueto, Homer, Leake, Cingrani?, ???? Is this the year you try and get your money's worth and move Aroldis into the rotation whether he likes it or not?

Defensively still a solid team, but you have to be able to score runs to win. On paper, could be good, but no confidence it will happen. Need to find a good back up SS option, and look to upgrade Cozart sometime soon.
Hear them Bengals growling mean and angry.....
Ryno

Postby Benzoo » January 6th, 2015, 1:34 pm

There was a lot of talk leading up to the holidays that Zack Cozart was gone. But, as of now he's still on the roster and penciled in as the starter. Eugenio Suarez who was acquired in the Latos deal is a top notch SS prospect and is expected to be given a shot to unseat Cozart. That's a tough call there. Cozart is solid in the filed with no bat at all. If Eugenio Suarez can hit above .250 and isn't a major liability on defense then I say go for it.

And what does the rotation look like going into camp?

Cueto-LOCK
Leake-LOCK
Bailey-LOCK
Cingrani-?
Corcini-?
Axelrod-?
Holmberg-?
Benzoo

Postby Deadcat » March 4th, 2015, 6:56 am

Not much going on for the Reds. Looks like they made very minor moves. I think they are expected to finish last or second to last in the division. I was a big fan of signing Philips and Votto to long term deals but hose contracts are killing us now. I'm surprised we haven't moved Cueto yet. I would have thought we could have lobbied a nice bat for him. I guess his value will be greater at the trade deadline.
Deadcat

Postby TheBurn » April 6th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Cueto was lights out. Chapman was insane good.
Clutch bomb by Frazier. Good stuff on opening day.
TheBurn

Return to Baseball