2014 Reds

Talk MLB. Go Reds!

Re: 2014 Reds

Postby Bengals1 » April 9th, 2014, 2:21 pm

Deadcat wrote:I think that's the key, it's early.

Yeah, it is. They could get hot later in the season but with St Louis in their divison you really kind of have to make every series count. It's tough to fall back so early and hope to recover in June & July. :?
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » April 10th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Agreed. And Pittsburgh waking up makes it more challenging as well. Their are three teams now to deal with.
Deadcat

Postby Ryno » April 11th, 2014, 7:20 am

They've played 3 series people I wouldn't call this falling back yet.
Hear them Bengals growling mean and angry.....
Ryno

Postby Jmble » April 13th, 2014, 8:46 am

Things can change Ryno, but we only have what we can see right now. Everything else is just hoping.

The problem is that after three series and two losses in a fourth, the team is exactly the team that I worried it was going to be after the end of last year and the lack of anything happening in the offseason to help the team. As I stated well before the season started, the only change to this team in the offseason was getting rid of a significant part of the offense from 2013. What was the biggest problem last season? Timely hitting. Game after game after game we would see runners on second or third with no outs not get knocked in. What's happened so far this year? The exact same thing over and over already. It's sad when you watch a team with this kind of talent not be able to take advantage of basic situations. But after watching them struggle with it last year. Seeing the offense essentially get worse from a talent perspective. (Choo to Hamilton is a downgrade at least for this year, who knows what Hamilton will be in the future) I just don't see how we can hope that this team is ever going to get it together this year.

I hope I'm wrong. I pretty much watch every game and am looking forward to getting down to the park a few times, but I'm not feeling very confident.

At least we might see some good pitcher's duels this year. You can't get much better than their pitching has been.
Jmble

Postby Ryno » April 17th, 2014, 9:33 am

You are missing a significant part of the bullpen, at the time we starting talking they were missing their starting catcher as well. You have guys that are a year more experience and should be better, Dat Dude played injured most of last year, Votto was still recovering from his knee. This team could be better, than last, not saying it will, but it has the potential. As for Hamilton, give the kid some time, he can be more of a game changer than Choo, and already is better defensively and will save a ton more runs than Choo.
Hear them Bengals growling mean and angry.....
Ryno

Postby Bengals1 » May 20th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Well, we're headed into the last part of May and the Reds can't seem to even reach .500

What's up with that...?
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » May 21st, 2014, 10:55 am

.500 is always my goal for the All-star break. Usually if you are there you are within striking distance. I think we are close but the injuries are killing us. I think the loss of Choo and the lack of movement in the offseason is catching up to us. This team has wasted a lot of good pitching.
Deadcat

Postby Benzoo » May 21st, 2014, 11:01 am

Deadcat wrote:.500 is always my goal for the All-star break. Usually if you are there you are within striking distance. I think we are close but the injuries are killing us. I think the loss of Choo and the lack of movement in the offseason is catching up to us. This team has wasted a lot of good pitching.

Being were they are now with out having there top two run producers (Bruce and Votto) is kind of shocking. It's even more shocking that no one has stepped it up other than Mesoraco. Who himself has been on the DL twice already. But, I do agree you want to be at .500 at the break to have a chance.
Benzoo

Postby Bengals1 » June 29th, 2014, 11:46 pm

The Reds swept the Giants and being as it was here on the West Coast and the local Dodgers are chasing SF, they showed all the games on TV.

The Reds are like 3 games over .500 now but still several games out of first place. Still, they're finally making it interesting at least...... 8-)
Bengals1

Postby Deadcat » June 30th, 2014, 6:18 am

Yeah, I woke up a started paying attention again. They are now in second in the division ahead of St. Louis. We still have more than half a season and the reds are playing good ball. I foresee Milwaukee slipping. We should be able to catch them. Holding off the cards will be tricky.
Deadcat

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball