2013 Reds

Talk MLB. Go Reds!

2013 Reds

Postby Bengals1 » May 3rd, 2013, 4:51 pm

I'm not much of a Baseball fan, not for the last 20 years or so anyway. But since the Reds got decent again a few years ago I've begun to pay a little bit more attention to it. I was even thinking of taking in a game or 2 when they come to LA to play the Dodgers later this summer.

So what do you make of the Reds so far this season? Are they about where you expected them to be or should I feel more disappointed or what.....?
Bengals1

Re: 2013 Reds

Postby TheBurn » May 3rd, 2013, 7:19 pm

Even though it's still way too early, I have to admit I'm a tad disappointed in their 16-14 record. They really should be the class of the division, and I expect them to finish way ahead of the pack when it is all said and done. They are 4-10 on the road, something for which we should see a correction here shortly. They are much better than that. Losing Cueto and Ludwick to the DL certainly doesn't help. Their pythag right now is at 18-12.
TheBurn

Postby MeatHeadbengal » May 6th, 2013, 7:18 am

They are limping along right now with all their injuries. If they can stay above 500 until the all star break I feel they have a shot, they will be getting some key players back by then.
MeatHeadbengal

Postby Bengals1 » May 6th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Well, they're above .500 and doing better than the Dodgers so I'm happy... 8-)
Bengals1

Postby Jmble » May 7th, 2013, 3:51 pm

LOL, why do you hate the Dodgers? I have a soft spot for them since when I lived out there as a child, my first baseball game was at Dodger stadium and my first baseball jersey was a Steve Garvey jersey. I understand hating some of the teams out there, but the Dodgers have never really been that offensive.

I agree with Meat. They are limping but they are surviving. The pitching has been outstanding, especially given that their ace has been on the disabled list. Heck by the end of the year we might be asking who our ace is between Cueto, Latos, and Bailey.
Jmble

Postby Bengals1 » May 7th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Jmble wrote:LOL, why do you hate the Dodgers? I have a soft spot for them since when I lived out there as a child, my first baseball game was at Dodger stadium and my first baseball jersey was a Steve Garvey jersey. I understand hating some of the teams out there, but the Dodgers have never really been that offensive.

I hate all the LA teams.
Bengals1

Postby Ryno » May 8th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Jmble wrote:LOL, why do you hate the Dodgers? I have a soft spot for them since when I lived out there as a child, my first baseball game was at Dodger stadium and my first baseball jersey was a Steve Garvey jersey. I understand hating some of the teams out there, but the Dodgers have never really been that offensive.

I agree with Meat. They are limping but they are surviving. The pitching has been outstanding, especially given that their ace has been on the disabled list. Heck by the end of the year we might be asking who our ace is between Cueto, Latos, and Bailey.

Don't forget Cingrani, kids going to be special.
Hear them Bengals growling mean and angry.....
Ryno

Postby Deadcat » May 14th, 2013, 9:39 am

It's a long season. I usually hope my team is above .500 at the all-star break. The Reds, and unfortunately several other teams, are well above .500. Losing the Astros from our division made our schedule significantly harder than last year. But as several pointed out our pitching has been awesome. We need Bruce and Votto to wake up. Votto has lost a lot of his power since his injury last year. If he can regain his homerun form we'll be golden. Bruce has always been steaky. Thankfully Votto can hit regardless and has been drawing a lot of walks. Choo has also been a godsend. That kid can hit. It's nice to have a real leadoff hitter.
Deadcat

Postby TheBurn » May 17th, 2013, 5:41 am

Well, the Reds have won 6 in a row. They are now 25-16 and we've seen the 'correction' I spoke of previously as they haven't lost on the road since and now stand at 9-10. The Reds now have the 3rd-best record in the majors behind the Yanks and Cards.
TheBurn

Postby MeatHeadbengal » May 17th, 2013, 7:17 am

TheBurn wrote:Well, the Reds have won 6 in a row. They are now 25-16 and we've seen the 'correction' I spoke of previously as they haven't lost on the road since and now stand at 9-10. The Reds now have the 3rd-best record in the majors behind the Yanks and Cards.

All this and I still believe their best pitcher is out, they just need to keep getting healthy and keep pushing they'll be just fine.
MeatHeadbengal

Next

Return to Baseball