Week 1 - Cats vs Seachickens GAME THREAD - prediction and disco

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Week 1 - Cats vs Seachickens GAME THREAD - prediction and disco

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:15 am

So many question marks going into Week 1. I'll just start right off and predict the loss. Maybe its close because the Seahawks are in week 1 as well and may have issues of their own. But they have a nasty home crowd, a new DE in Clowney, and seasoned star at QB and seemingly enough weapons to get the job done.

On our side of the field we have chaos from top to bottom. Our #1 LT is out until December. Our replacement LT, who was supposed to be our #1 LG is now in concussion protocol for an unusually long 4 weeks and likely wont play. Our new backup LT is a recycled Fat Albert who will be going against Clowney all day. Our LG was just cut and resigned. Our center is not new, but new as the starter. And the right side of our line.....lets just not go there.

Our running back situation is ok, our WR situation is not. Ross is supposedly running full go and will likely play some. Andy was quoted as saying Ross looks really fast. We'll see. Beyond that its the Tyler Boyd and Alex Erickson show. Oh....we have Eiffert now! That will fix everything, right?

Defensively about the only thing we can hope for is a sack on every play. Once anyone makes it behind our Dline its a touchdown. I think we either have to win by a shutout or we lose every game by 100 points. Needless to say, I am underwhelmed by our LB situation and secondary.

So it really comes down to coaching. What can the Zac-Attack do with all of this chaos. Did he come from LA with a hat full of rabbits? Is Lou about to invent a new defensive scheme using 8 DLineman and 3 safeties?? I'm hopeful that at the end of this game I can look back at a team that has some interesting possibilities, a lot of scrappy play, few mental errors and finds a way to put points on the board. A 17-13 loss here would actually be a bright outlook for me headed into Week2.

So where do you stand, what are your concerns, what are you watching for? Welcome to 2019 football!
Last edited by stripesincarolina on Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

4256 Hits

Re: Week 1 - Cats vs Seachickens prediction and disco

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:41 pm

Even the better Bengals team over the last 25 years sucked playing on the west coast. I see no reason to think they have any chance at winning this game. So I go with a 31 to 20 loss.

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:34 am

Everything says we should keep our expectations low. So I fully expect a loss, but I'm hoping to see some good things out of our team, some competitive fire, some interesting offensive wrinkles, some signs of life and hope.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm

theres the old saying that when everyone is betting on one team, bet on the other.

Im sitting here wondering how we got to this point? what the hell happened to all our talent?

feels like a late 90s/early 2000s team coming into the season....

but..... BENGALS WIN!!!!

Bengals 24
Chickens 17

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:48 pm

yessir...

B's 23, Seattle 20

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:50 pm

i was bored, and stoked for Bengals football, so i went back and watched the 1988 Div Playoff back when SEA was still an AFC team... holy friggin crap... Boomer had so much time to throw the ball behind that line, like he'd go thru his progressions twice over with not one Seachicken near him. wow, what a difference when you have a decent to good line, and those B's had a great one. oh... and the holes they were opening up for Brooks, Ickey and Wilson!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjV7JrLAkcU

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:50 pm
i was bored, and stoked for Bengals football, so i went back and watched the 1988 Div Playoff back when SEA was still an AFC team... holy friggin crap... Boomer had so much time to throw the ball behind that line, like he'd go thru his progressions twice over with not one Seachicken near him. wow, what a difference when you have a decent to good line, and those B's had a great one. oh... and the holes they were opening up for Brooks, Ickey and Wilson!

Oh the pain you will endure watching this week's version of the Bengals. Dalton's internal clock will be set to 1.5 seconds. The average pass downfield will be 3 yards. :lol:
AJ McCarron = Superbowl Wins

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:21 pm

:lol: f.m.l

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:55 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pm
TheBurn wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:50 pm

Oh the pain you will endure watching this week's version of the Bengals. Dalton's internal clock will be set to 1.5 seconds. The average pass downfield will be 3 yards. :lol:
Exactly nearly every QB would struggle at times with as crappy as the Bengals line has been. That is why I am in no hurry to replace Andy.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:06 am

Well Fat Albert is in...will Andy live to see Sunday night? :( :(
Via Geoff Hobson of the team’s official website, Bengals left tackle Cordy Glenn is out this week, which means veteran Andre Smith will start at left tackle this week against the Seahawks.

Smith, 32, has 93 career starts but only one at left tackle. The Bengals’ 2009 first-rounder was with the Cardinals last year.

Glenn is still in the concussion protocol. He was supposed to play left guard this year, but when first-rounder Jonah Williams was lost to a shoulder injury, the plan was for Glenn to return outside.

The Bengals will also be without wide receiver A.J. Green, who is still recovering from an ankle injury, and wide receiver Auden Tate is doubtful with a knee.