Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!

stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:24 am

May Fat Albert bring the Ratbirds as much success as he brought us. Good news for Jackson is that when he is scrambling for his life he'll look like he's executing a real play. :lol:
Seeking Superbowls

Exile

Post by Exile » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:24 am
May Fat Albert bring the Ratbirds as much success as he brought us. Good news for Jackson is that when he is scrambling for his life he'll look like he's executing a real play. :lol:
+1

Extending Simmons seems like a good move--he's very good at what he does.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:15 pm

Andy Dalton to the Patriots? This would be great for Andy. I see a small chance of it happening.

From Peter King:
“One of the guys I think — and I know people are going to laugh at this — I think Bill Belichick would really like to work with is Andy Dalton because Andy Dalton is a football player, you know? He’s not Tom Brady. He’s not gonna go down in the pantheon, I get it. Guys who are gonna go down in the pantheon at age 32 are not available, OK? Russell Wilson’s not available. I think Andy Dalton would be a very compelling guy to either be their quarterback for a while or to be their bridge guy to the next quarterback or to take Jarrett Stidham under his wing as Brady did some this year and make the best of Jarrett Stidham for 2021 and beyond.”

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Also from Bart Scott (Former player and current CBS Analyst" "I think Andy Dalton's the guy I would go with because he has experience in the AFC"

Ben Volin (NFL writer for the Boston Globe) "Would love to see Andy Dalton with the Pats"

Paul Dehner - Reminder that Bengals and Patriots have a great trading relationship. Have made multiple deals over the years including for Corey Dillon and Chad Johnson.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:53 pm

And Brady goes where? To the Chargers...?

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:22 pm

I think Brady is either staying with New England or retiring... Most likely staying with New England for another year or two. Though I have to say that the thought of him with the Chargers other offensive skill positions could be a fun thing to watch. Keenan Allen/Mike Williams/Hunter Henry/Austin Ekeler (maybe Gordon) would be the best all around combination of skill players that Brady has worked with in years. Rivers has been just good enough to keep them somewhat relevant. With a good QB that could be a high flying offense.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:50 am

For anyone who doesn't trust any link B1 posts, the headline is "Browns Hire Kevin Stefanski as Head Coach"

This seems like a great hire... from our perspective. My father-in-law is a Browns fan and he absolutely hates the decision. They also interviewed Josh McDaniels, but the rumor is that they didn't go that direction because he wanted sweeping institutional change. Oh Cleveland. That's exactly why he was the right hire for you guys. :lol: Also interviewed the SF d-coordinator, the one who shut down the offense of the guy they did hire. Brilliant.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:39 am

I think McDaniels is perfectly happy with staying in New England until The Hoodie retires.

He's in a place where he can make outrageous demands and if he gets an offer that is too good to pass up he can jump ship. But unless he gets everything he wants he's perfectly content riding it out until he is the obvious replacement for the retiring Belichick.