Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Jay Morrison
@JayMorrison
Mackensie Alexander back at #Bengals practice. A.J. Green, John Ross and Carl Lawson dressed too.

Bengals opponent week 1 ...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
The #Chargers lost standout S Derwin James for the season, as he'll have knee surgery and faces a 6-8 month recovery. A long road ahead for James.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:53 pm

From Schefty.

It may be arguable whether paying a Running Back is the smart thing to do in this day and age, but I think this is only good news for the Bengals.
Bengals and RB Joe Mixon reached agreement on a four-year contract extension that ties him to Cincinnati for five more seasons, per source. Still going over language to finalize deal.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:55 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:53 pm
From Schefty.

It may be arguable whether paying a Running Back is the smart thing to do in this day and age, but I think this is only good news for the Bengals.
Bengals and RB Joe Mixon reached agreement on a four-year contract extension that ties him to Cincinnati for five more seasons, per source. Still going over language to finalize deal.

Some details...

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Bengals are giving RB Joe Mixon a 4-year deal worth $48M, source said. A nice payday for their feature back, who is now under contract for 5 years.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:55 pm

More details from PFT
A week after Bengals running back Joe Mixon missed several days of practice with migraines (or “migraines”), he’s back and ready to give headaches to opposing defenses.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bengals and running back Joe Mixon have agreed to terms on a four-year extension. The deal has a base value of $48 million, which equates to a new-money average of $12 million.

Mixon, a second-round pick in 2017, became eligible for a new contract after the 2019 season. He had 1,168 rushing yards in 2018 and another 1,137 in 2019.

Mixon gets his money while other 2017 draft picks, like Saints running back Alvin Kamara and Vikings running back Dalvin Cook, continue to wait. The Panthers signed running back Christian McCaffrey, who had more than 1,000 rushing yards and more than 1,000 receiving yards, to a long-term deal earlier this year.
McCaffrey got 4 year 64 mil. No argument CMC is worth more than Mixon, but still makes it seem like a deal.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:40 pm

Jmble wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:55 pm
More details from PFT
A week after Bengals running back Joe Mixon missed several days of practice with migraines (or “migraines”), he’s back and ready to give headaches to opposing defenses.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bengals and running back Joe Mixon have agreed to terms on a four-year extension. The deal has a base value of $48 million, which equates to a new-money average of $12 million.

Mixon, a second-round pick in 2017, became eligible for a new contract after the 2019 season. He had 1,168 rushing yards in 2018 and another 1,137 in 2019.

Mixon gets his money while other 2017 draft picks, like Saints running back Alvin Kamara and Vikings running back Dalvin Cook, continue to wait. The Panthers signed running back Christian McCaffrey, who had more than 1,000 rushing yards and more than 1,000 receiving yards, to a long-term deal earlier this year.
McCaffrey got 4 year 64 mil. No argument CMC is worth more than Mixon, but still makes it seem like a deal.
Unless his migraines are real. No idea if he was playing the system for a contract or if he really has an issue. But migraines are no joke. We could have just paid a player who only sees the field for a few games. Always a risk, sure. But he's the one who said he was having migraines.
Seeking Superbowls

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:26 am

Saw this today regarding former Bengal Tyler Eiffert. While all these other BLM fanatics are planning to wear names of black criminals killed in the act of resisting arrest while either ODing on drugs, assaulting an officer or possessing a weapon, Eiffert is planning to honor deceased officer David Dorn on his helmet. Good for him, love the guy. And I hope he and his teammates have a very honest conversation about the racial bias (yes, it does exist) and police brutality (yes, it does exist). I also hope they discuss the thousands of instances where officers rescued or saved people of all colors at a moments notice. I hope they discuss how many children have been saved.

I could go on all day about this, and honestly I am a heartbeat away from throwing in the towel and not watching this year. I saw where the NFL will be painting taglines in the endzones as well. I think somebody started the hashtag #shutupandplay. Seems appropriate about now.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... on-helmet/
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:04 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:40 pm
Unless his migraines are real. No idea if he was playing the system for a contract or if he really has an issue. But migraines are no joke. We could have just paid a player who only sees the field for a few games. Always a risk, sure. But he's the one who said he was having migraines.
The consensus in the sports media seems to be the migraines were just a contract ploy...

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:36 pm

GREAT NEWS!!!! I've always thought Mixon was an elite back in the NFL, if we could just get him a damn Oline.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
The #Patriots are releasing veteran WR Mahemed Sanu. The release won’t be in time for today’s wire, and we’ve seen examples of teams who ended up trading players they intended to release. With so many WR-needy teams, Mohamed Sanu is one to watch.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:45 pm
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
The #Patriots are releasing veteran WR Mahemed Sanu. The release won’t be in time for today’s wire, and we’ve seen examples of teams who ended up trading players they intended to release. With so many WR-needy teams, Mohamed Sanu is one to watch.
We definitely dont need him assuming AGJ is healthy, but even then I think Tate may be ready to step up bigtime. I'm shocked though. All the offseason press said Sanu looked great. And with Cam needing some seasoned weapons, I cant imagine he will be thrilled with this. Did they need to cut cap space to make room for Fournette?
Seeking Superbowls