Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
4256 Hits

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:33 pm

The guy is a complete jackass but at the same time it is hard not to like him.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:02 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:33 pm
The guy is a complete jackass but at the same time it is hard not to like him.
There's a joke just sitting there but I'm not going to make it this time.... :twisted:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
#Bengals claim DE Bryce Sterk off waivers from the Dolphins. He was a CFA who signed with Miami in April. He won’t count against the 80 man roster limit until he clears COVID protocol.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals)
Roster Update: We've signed free agent DE Amani Bledsoe.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Paul Dehner Jr.@pauldehnerjr
A.J. Green appeared to aggravate his left hamstring during practice. He was testing it, cutting off to the side, getting stretched. He didn't go in to the locker room or anything serious like that. He was just hanging out on the side, but didn't finish up today's practice. Zac Taylor calls AJ Green tweak: "Precautionary." Says he felt pretty good. "I just told him he's done taking reps for the day. We'll see how he feels tomorrow."

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:05 pm

yikes... and they're not even wearing pads yet

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Tyler Dragon ☑️ @TheTylerDragon

The #Bengals have waived RB Rodney Anderson. He failed his physical.

4:02 PM · Aug 17, 2020·TweetDeck

Exile

Post by Exile » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:56 pm

3 takeaways from Monday’s practice at Bengals training camp

1. Joe Burrow looks great, even with Ross and Higgins (and then Green) out. Perfect 7-for-7 in team drills, very accurate passing.
2. Lots of receivers out, really getting down to the bottom. Not said, but I don't imagine our Mike Thomas is any Mike Thomas. Unclear if AJ will practice tomorrow, but doesn't seem serious. Still...
3. DT depth is thin--Glasgow waived, Tupou opting out, and now Renell Wren appears to have a pretty serious injury. Guys to watch here are--apparently--Trey Dishon, Mike Daniels, and Andrew Brown.
4. Who's the other starter at CB with Waybes out? Right now they're rotating Darius Phillips (who probably has the edge), LeShaun Sims, and Winston Rose.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:13 am

Ok B1 you want a Bengals related post.

Reading AJ being hurt is about as surprising as reading water is wet. I put the over/under on games he plays four quarters at 5. A thin WR over 30 with a history of legs injuries was a complete waste of franchise tag money.

Exile

Post by Exile » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:27 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:13 am
Ok B1 you want a Bengals related post.

Reading AJ being hurt is about as surprising as reading water is wet. I put the over/under on games he plays four quarters at 5. A thin WR over 30 with a history of legs injuries was a complete waste of franchise tag money.
While I don't disagree that it's no surprise to hear AJ's hurt and we're unlikely to get a full season out of him, I'm still good with the franchise tag. Here's the thing: where else were they going to spend that money? It's not like they didn't bring in some big FAs this season. Was there another veteran WR they could have gotten? Franchise tag lets them keep him one year, see if he can stay healthy, and help give your young QB a great option to throw to and young receivers a good mentor in the receivers room. When AJ's healthy and on the field, he makes everything easier for Joe Burrow. Because he's a guy who's going to get open 1-on-1 more often than not or else he's going to draw additional attention. Tyler Boyd is a great slot receiver who benefits bigtime from having AJ there. He had a decent season last year as the #1 option, despite how garbage our QB play was, and he's even better as the #2. And then whoever that third receiver is has an easier job as well.

Again, I recognize that there's almost a 0% chance of getting that lineup all season. But especially if those games are early in the season, they help buy time for Joe B to develop before his job gets harder with AJ off the field. And to my mind, all of that makes me feel just fine with spending Mike Brown's money betting on AJG.