Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri May 08, 2020 12:25 pm

Nothing unexpected with comments from AJ. He's a true leader, and will be the leader of that offense while working to hand the keys over to Burrow.
Seeking Superbowls

Mr. Oblivious

Post by Mr. Oblivious » Fri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:25 pm
Nothing unexpected with comments from AJ. He's a true leader, and will be the leader of that offense while working to hand the keys over to Burrow.
Horseshit!, A true leader doesn't quit on their team. What were his stats again last season?
Burrow needs to just go ahead and take the keys now and tell Miss AJ Daisy to hop in the back and enjoy the scenery.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Mr. Oblivious wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:49 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Horseshit!, A true leader doesn't quit on their team. What were his stats again last season?
Burrow needs to just go ahead and take the keys now and tell Miss AJ Daisy to hop in the back and enjoy the scenery.
Seriously? No, I don't think so! AJ didn't quit on this team, and frankly it's sad to think someone would say something like this about a guy that's never been anything but great for this franchise. So I personally can't wait to see Burrow to AJ and I'm excited to see what these two can do.

Mr. Oblivious

Post by Mr. Oblivious » Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 12:56 pm
Mr. Oblivious wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
Seriously? No, I don't think so! AJ didn't quit on this team, and frankly it's sad to think someone would say something like this about a guy that's never been anything but great for this franchise. So I personally can't wait to see Burrow to AJ and I'm excited to see what these two can do.
Once again, what were his stats last season?
The answer for those following the team wearing blinders is nothing. If that's your idea of a leader, don't complain when he leads you right off a cliff.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri May 08, 2020 2:33 pm

AJ Green - Angel or Devil? By all means....continue fighting.... Image

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri May 08, 2020 2:36 pm

Mr. Oblivious wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mr. Oblivious wrote:

The answer for those following the team wearing blinders is nothing. If that's your idea of a leader, don't complain when he leads you right off a cliff.
So because he was hurt its OK to pile on and say he's not a leader? I know what his stats were, none of us are wearing blinders we aren't idiots. However you don't see him in the public space being a complete ass hat like other teams so called leaders. Maybe you should be a little more appreciative of a guy that takes his lunch box and goes to work every year. Last year he got injured and WR's are like race horses, little nagging injuries keep them from being at top performance. You also don't push someone of his age back too quickly and have him re-injure himself.

Exile

Post by Exile » Fri May 08, 2020 3:40 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:36 pm
Mr. Oblivious wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 2:21 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

So because he was hurt its OK to pile on and say he's not a leader? I know what his stats were, none of us are wearing blinders we aren't idiots. However you don't see him in the public space being a complete ass hat like other teams so called leaders. Maybe you should be a little more appreciative of a guy that takes his lunch box and goes to work every year. Last year he got injured and WR's are like race horses, little nagging injuries keep them from being at top performance. You also don't push someone of his age back too quickly and have him re-injure himself.
It's hard to know what's in AJ's head--maybe he gave up on the team and didn't come back when he could have. Or maybe he really did have an injury that kept him from returning. What we do know is that he didn't demand a trade, he didn't say he wasn't coming back or bad-mouthing the team. And we also know that there are receivers who--in his situation--would have done exactly those things. Maybe that's a low bar, but it's true. Truth is, none of us on this message board know what his motivations are, and we're not close enough to have an opinion that means anything. I'm sure his teammates and his coaches do, though, which is what really matters.

And we also know that he wanted to sign a long-term deal but got tagged instead. He wasn't thrilled. But is he talking about sitting out? Demanding a trade? No, he's talking about voluntarily getting together with his rookie QB to help the team get better. None of us can know anything for sure, but I lean more in Meat's direction on this one, or at least give him the benefit of the doubt.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri May 08, 2020 7:39 pm

You gotta be kidding me. We're going to question AJ's leadership and motivation?? What about 2 years ago when he was clearly playing hurt to try and help the team? This past season I think everyone should be in agreement that once the season was out of reach there was no reason to rush him back. And then it likely became a safety measure to ensure he could be traded, if so needed, or fully healed for the 2020 season.

With so many jerkwads running around the NFL, to question someone who has been the utmost professional, while putting up HOF pace stats until last year, is simply a massive overreach.
Seeking Superbowls

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Fri May 08, 2020 9:35 pm

Would love to see the Bengals sign this guy.
he New Orleans Saints have cut three-time Pro Bowl right guard Larry Warford, whose three-year run as a starter was cast into doubt by the club's selection of interior lineman Cesar Ruiz in the first round of the NFL draft.

Warford, whose termination was announced Friday by general manager Mickey Loomis, started all 44 games in which he played for New Orleans since signing a four-year, $34 million contract in 2017.

The 6-foot-3, 317-pound Warford also was named to the Pro Bowl for a third straight season in 2019, when he started 15 games.

But the drafting of Ruiz 24th overall was one of several developments in the past year that made Warford expendable in New Orleans.

In 2019, the Saints used their top overall draft choice in the second round to take Texas A&M center Erik McCoy. Then in March, the Saints signed left guard Andrus Peat to a five-year, $57.5 million extension. And when the Saints drafted Ruiz two weeks ago, coach Sean Payton asserted, ''We weren't drafting someone that high to come in and be a backup. ... He was one of the better interior linemen I've seen in a while.''

Payton went on to praise both McCoy and Ruiz for their ability to play either center or guard. McCoy started at center as a rookie.

If Warford was not going to start, his base salary of more than $7 million would have been difficult to justify. Now cutting him gives the Saints more room under the NFL's salary cap to address more pressing needs.

Warford posted a goodbye note to Saints fans on a social media account Friday night, writing: ''These last 3 years with the Saints have been nothing but a blessing. The team, the city, and the fans have given me an experience I won't forget. New Orleans is something different. Thank you all for everything!!''

Warford now enters the free agent market as an option for teams looking to profit from his experience starting for a club that has won three-straight NFC South crowns, went 13-3 each of the past two seasons and whose offensive line allowed just 12 sacks of quarterback Drew Brees in the 11 regular-season games Brees played last season.

Warford began his NFL career with Detroit, which made him an early third-round draft choice out of Kentucky in 2013. He started all 57 games he played for the Lions in four seasons before leaving for New Orleans as a free agent.

Warford also has played in six playoff games - five with the Saints.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat May 09, 2020 12:03 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:35 pm
Would love to see the Bengals sign this guy.
he New Orleans Saints have cut three-time Pro Bowl right guard Larry Warford, whose three-year run as a starter was cast into doubt by the club's selection of interior lineman Cesar Ruiz in the first round of the NFL draft.

Warford, whose termination was announced Friday by general manager Mickey Loomis, started all 44 games in which he played for New Orleans since signing a four-year, $34 million contract in 2017.

The 6-foot-3, 317-pound Warford also was named to the Pro Bowl for a third straight season in 2019, when he started 15 games.

But the drafting of Ruiz 24th overall was one of several developments in the past year that made Warford expendable in New Orleans.

In 2019, the Saints used their top overall draft choice in the second round to take Texas A&M center Erik McCoy. Then in March, the Saints signed left guard Andrus Peat to a five-year, $57.5 million extension. And when the Saints drafted Ruiz two weeks ago, coach Sean Payton asserted, ''We weren't drafting someone that high to come in and be a backup. ... He was one of the better interior linemen I've seen in a while.''

Payton went on to praise both McCoy and Ruiz for their ability to play either center or guard. McCoy started at center as a rookie.

If Warford was not going to start, his base salary of more than $7 million would have been difficult to justify. Now cutting him gives the Saints more room under the NFL's salary cap to address more pressing needs.

Warford posted a goodbye note to Saints fans on a social media account Friday night, writing: ''These last 3 years with the Saints have been nothing but a blessing. The team, the city, and the fans have given me an experience I won't forget. New Orleans is something different. Thank you all for everything!!''

Warford now enters the free agent market as an option for teams looking to profit from his experience starting for a club that has won three-straight NFC South crowns, went 13-3 each of the past two seasons and whose offensive line allowed just 12 sacks of quarterback Drew Brees in the 11 regular-season games Brees played last season.

Warford began his NFL career with Detroit, which made him an early third-round draft choice out of Kentucky in 2013. He started all 57 games he played for the Lions in four seasons before leaving for New Orleans as a free agent.

Warford also has played in six playoff games - five with the Saints.
Thinking the samething. Played semi locally for Kentucky too. He'd definitely would make me feel better about this oline.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.