Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Zoo

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Zoo » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:09 pm

Rudolph could be a great compliment to Uzomah. I don't imagine his asking price would be outrageous. It's evident that Sample, Wilcox and Shreck aren't short term answers. Why not bring in a veteran and see if one of those guys steps it up.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:09 pm

aul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
1h
#Bengals STC Darrin Simmons with us now.

“We need a dominant punt returner that will put the fear of God in the other team if they try to play keep away from him

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:30 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:09 pm
aul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
1h
#Bengals STC Darrin Simmons with us now.

“We need a dominant punt returner that will put the fear of God in the other team if they try to play keep away from him
Damnit! I just bought my Trent Taylor jersey for next year!

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:10 pm

I did just pick up a McPherson jersey

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:54 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:10 pm
I did just pick up a McPherson jersey
i never thought i would ever consider buying a kicker's jersey...

yet here i am.....

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 pm

PFT reporting the Bengals are likely to use the franchise tag on Bates. Not sure that really comes as a surprise. But I really hope this is seen as an incentive to get top dollar in 2023 and not as a cheapskate move by SoP. Bates could do really well for himself here with another top tier season and it sounds like the Bengals will want to move him onto a contract once the dust settles on the 2022 offseason.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:26 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:52 pm
PFT reporting the Bengals are likely to use the franchise tag on Bates. Not sure that really comes as a surprise. But I really hope this is seen as an incentive to get top dollar in 2023 and not as a cheapskate move by SoP. Bates could do really well for himself here with another top tier season and it sounds like the Bengals will want to move him onto a contract once the dust settles on the 2022 offseason.
Well even if we tag him that doesn't mean we won't get a long term deal done before the season, just give us more time to negotiate. Honestly though if we haven't hammered a deal at this point what makes it any different. I wish they would just pony up the money like they should and sign him!

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:12 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:26 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Well even if we tag him that doesn't mean we won't get a long term deal done before the season, just give us more time to negotiate. Honestly though if we haven't hammered a deal at this point what makes it any different. I wish they would just pony up the money like they should and sign him!
Yeah no shit. We're like 4th or 5th in cap money to use and we haven't signed Bates. Who's a star and only 24 years old. Wow.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:51 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
Most likely his agent trying to squeeze more money. Trying to make him one of the top paid safeties in the league. The problem is the Bengals have no one behind him, so they'll be forced to pay. Unfortunately that's also money we can't use to upgrade the offensive line.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:14 pm

Zoo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:51 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
stripesincarolina wrote:
Most likely his agent trying to squeeze more money. Trying to make him one of the top paid safeties in the league. The problem is the Bengals have no one behind him, so they'll be forced to pay. Unfortunately that's also money we can't use to upgrade the offensive line.
Not sure if Mikey is going to make Bates the top paid safety in the league. We need major upgrades at the line and other places. He's not going to shell out that much money and it effects other players we can't afford who's on the team now. I say top 5 safety money but not number 1 money.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.