Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Mag

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Mag » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:17 pm

Jmble wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:24 pm
Question to the masses. Now that they have pretty much said they wouldn't even entertain offers for the first pick, what if someone came along and offered a Ricky Williams type deal for the first pick.

Would you stand by that statement or would you consider the trade.

Reminder... The Saints traded that year's First, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Seventh pick along with the following year's First and Third pick.

I think I'd stick with Burrow. Taking the seemingly can't lose prospect over trusting this braintrust to hit on even a couple of those other pics just makes it seem clear to me that Burrow is the way to go.
It would have to be an unprecedented offer.

Think about this, would you trade Borrow last 5 first round picks?

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:38 pm

I understand them trying to walk back their comments now but in all honesty what would it take for you personally to trade out of #1 if at all.

Me personally I would think very hard if someone offered 2 firsts and a second this year and a first next year. Nah even with that I'm squarely in the Burrow camp.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 pm

I read the Dolphins have 5 first rounders and 2 second rounders between this year and next. So lets say they pony up 2 first rounders and a second rounder this year, and two first rounders next year, are you telling me you dont take that?? Anyone here that says they dont take it isnt being realistic. You already have a proven franchise QB on the roster and could easily ride him out 2 years while you stack this team for the next decade. Burrow could show up to camp with a nagging hang nail and your season is toast. This team has so many needs you simply cannot, with a straight face, say you would walk away from that deal.

That said, its fantasy. The Dolphins arent insane and for the same reasons they will keep all those picks and build a team.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:56 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:19 pm
I read the Dolphins have 5 first rounders and 2 second rounders between this year and next. So lets say they pony up 2 first rounders and a second rounder this year, and two first rounders next year, are you telling me you dont take that?? Anyone here that says they dont take it isnt being realistic. You already have a proven franchise QB on the roster and could easily ride him out 2 years while you stack this team for the next decade. Burrow could show up to camp with a nagging hang nail and your season is toast. This team has so many needs you simply cannot, with a straight face, say you would walk away from that deal.

That said, its fantasy. The Dolphins arent insane and for the same reasons they will keep all those picks and build a team.
I'm saying I don't think you take it no matter what they throw at you. You aren't trying to pick Ricky Williams RB, you are picking what could be the face of a Franchise for the history books. Yes, I'm being 100% realistic, you have to judge between Burrow, or the 2nd best QB and if the 2nd best QB you don't think is that good you stay pat. Or you do the math and think what it's going to take to trade up next year to get the #1 pick and take the QB out of Clemson.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 am

Jebus! What happened while I was gone!?! Meats the one making the most sense around here now....!?!

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:28 pm

let's remember.... SoP denied the saints trade request to draft Akili Smith.

there is zero chance he taking an offer.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:08 pm

orange_black wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Good point. Also, no way SoP wants to pay an addt'l half- dozen draft picks beyond what they've already got coming to them...

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:03 pm

orange_black wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Yep, this sounds about right. Looks like Rivers has a decent shot at picking up the Miami role for a couple years anyway. So I doubt they offer anything.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:50 am

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:02 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 am
Jebus! What happened while I was gone!?! Meats the one making the most sense around here now....!?!
It's been that way for a while, most just write me off because of my past....