Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Colin Cowherd on TV just now speaking to Peter Schlager of the NFL Channel about how the Dolphins are making a run at the Bengals for the #1 pick.

Apparently the Fins are offering three first round picks to move up and grab Burrow.

Cowherd thought it was a good deal for us and they both commented on how Burrow does not seem thrilled at the prospect of playing in Cincy.

Could SoP be considering it? Is this why a deal for Dalton hasn't materialized?

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:55 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:51 pm
Colin Cowherd on TV just now speaking to Peter Schlager of the NFL Channel about how the Dolphins are making a run at the Bengals for the #1 pick.

Apparently the Fins are offering three first round picks to move up and grab Burrow.

Cowherd thought it was a good deal for us and they both commented on how Burrow does not seem thrilled at the prospect of playing in Cincy.

Cowherd would be completely misinformed because there was NO evidence to Burrows not wanting to play in Cinci. Also from the reports from the Combine that the interview with Burrows made Cinci fall in love with him even more.

I honestly think at this point they are struggling to keep up with the 24 sports news cycle and are trying to make things up again. Cinci will not trade out of the #1 pick and we all know it.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:06 pm

Bengals1 wrote:

It would be temping to get 3 first round picks. They could end up with Chase Young, 2nd best QB and either a starting OL or LB.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:17 pm

Looks like Billings signed with the Browns. It would have been nice to keep him in the rotation but they have a lot of cap space in DT right now.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Bengals1 wrote:

A deal for Dalton has not materialized because nobody has stepped up to get him. Chicago was interested but would only give up a late 4th round pick. There were a lot of QBs on the market this year. Hell, Winston is still a free agent. Newton is still available via trade. There's no secret agenda here in the Bengals not getting rid of Andy yet. They are not going to trade the first pick. The Bengals and Burrow are married to each other at this point.

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:52 pm

It is not out of the realm of possibility that Dalton stays with the team til training camp. If a QB gets injured, then his value goes back up.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:00 pm

Okay, first it was Schlager from the NFL Network that brought up the Dolphins interest in trading up. If you've ever watched GMF you know he has sources all over the NFL like GMs, Scouts, Coaches and Agents etc.... I highly doubt he made that up out of whole cloth. That being said, all it means is that the Dolphins are interested in trading up, it does not mean the Bengals are considering it.

Colin was just remarking that getting three 1st round picks is a good deal, and while I have no doubt Burrow will play here if selected whether you want to block it out of your memories or not, he did give conflicting answers to simple questions before the Combine. Personally, I think he's more resigned to signing here than he is actually looking forward to it. And that's a BIG difference. :?

Now, I doubt SoP wants to pay out on three 1st round contracts and his Daddy taught him when you have a chance at a franchise QB you grab him, so I too doubt they'll trade out of the first pick.

However, I would have doubted the Bengals would pay for 3 starting caliber Free Agents but here we are....

So yeah, poo-poo it all you like but its NOT out of the complete realm of possibility. 8-)

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:17 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:00 pm
Okay, first it was Schlager from the NFL Network that brought up the Dolphins interest in trading up. If you've ever watched GMF you know he has sources all over the NFL like GMs, Scouts, Coaches and Agents etc.... I highly doubt he made that up out of whole cloth. That being said, all it means is that the Dolphins are interested in trading up, it does not mean the Bengals are considering it.

Colin was just remarking that getting three 1st round picks is a good deal, and while I have no doubt Burrow will play here if selected whether you want to block it out of your memories or not, he did give conflicting answers to simple questions before the Combine. Personally, I think he's more resigned to signing here than he is actually looking forward to it. And that's a BIG difference. :?

Now, I doubt SoP wants to pay out on three 1st round contracts and his Daddy taught him when you have a chance at a franchise QB you grab him, so I too doubt they'll trade out of the first pick.

However, I would have doubted the Bengals would pay for 3 starting caliber Free Agents but here we are....

So yeah, poo-poo it all you like but its NOT out of the complete realm of possibility. 8-)
I will add that during the combine interview he clearly stated that this narrative of him not wanting to be a Bengal was not fact, and that he didn't want to presume anything before he even had a chance to talk to the organization in person. Now granted that's is him on stage but he and his family made it perfectly clear that this was a made up narrative by the media.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:38 pm

blah blah blah blah you lost me at "cowherd said"

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:00 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:38 pm
blah blah blah blah you lost me at "cowherd said"
We lost you at puberty..... :roll: