Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue May 24, 2022 9:08 pm

So I just stopped down in Fairfield to pick up a Hollis original painting, talking with Hollis I found out he does a lot of the framing and does paintings for players like Whit, Gather, Bates, and is best friends with Fulcher. I bought what I think is one of the coolest paintings I've seen him do yet, and started to talk to him about a Bates painting I saw on the wall. He was talking to me about him and how he does a lot of his framed jersey's and what not. I asked him what the deal was on this deal he said it's totally the agent and the agent is wanting big money. Bates wants the extension and to get it done but is being held up by this agent. Just kinda makes sense from what I keep hearing, I just wish Bates would go straight into Brown's office and get a deal done.

Here's a pick of the painting I bought.

Here's a link to his facebook page, he does some really cool work.

https://www.facebook.com/byHOLLISii/?ref=page_internal

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:08 pm
So I just stopped down in Fairfield to pick up a Hollis original painting, talking with Hollis I found out he does a lot of the framing and does paintings for players like Whit, Gather, Bates, and is best friends with Fulcher. I bought what I think is one of the coolest paintings I've seen him do yet, and started to talk to him about a Bates painting I saw on the wall. He was talking to me about him and how he does a lot of his framed jersey's and what not. I asked him what the deal was on this deal he said it's totally the agent and the agent is wanting big money. Bates wants the extension and to get it done but is being held up by this agent. Just kinda makes sense from what I keep hearing, I just wish Bates would go straight into Brown's office and get a deal done.

Here's a pick of the painting I bought.

Here's a link to his facebook page, he does some really cool work.

https://www.facebook.com/byHOLLISii/?ref=page_internal
Thats awesome. Dont know that I would spend money on any active player memorabilia. Look how many Palmer jerseys got burned. But I have a framed and signed Munoz 78 hanging on my wall. But I still love the painting and fingers crossed both of these guys will be Bengals HOFers.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed May 25, 2022 9:09 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 pm

Thats awesome. Dont know that I would spend money on any active player memorabilia. Look how many Palmer jerseys got burned. But I have a framed and signed Munoz 78 hanging on my wall. But I still love the painting and fingers crossed both of these guys will be Bengals HOFers.
He had a signed framed Boomer jersey I almost pulled the trigger on, it was setup to mimic his rookie card. I was pretty bad ass.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed May 25, 2022 10:55 am

Deep dive into Jackson Carman and some of other stuff, good update video.

https://youtu.be/BpWe8qYRAUk

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:02 pm

Andrew Whitworth reveals he wrote Mike Brown a letter before split with Bengals
Chris Roling Thu, June 2, 2022

The mistake that was the Cincinnati Bengals letting Andrew Whitworth get away has been well-documented at this point.

But Whitworth just dropped at least one new interesting detail while talking about the split all those years ago, a split that sent the Bengals into a downward spiral in the offensive trenches and Whitworth himself to multiple Super Bowls.

Appearing on “The Pivot Podcast,” Whitworth says the Bengals made the decision to move on from him a year before he ended up playing well again. He hit a point he was so disgruntled with the ordeal that he wrote Mike Brown himself a letter:

“For fans, they see the results, ‘all right, this guy leaves’. But for me, it wasn’t really free agency in 2017…it was the draft in 2016. I had asked them to make me, not let me have to play the last year of my contract without having any clue of what’s going next. And they returned my questions with drafting a first-round and a second-round offensive tackle.

“About mid-season next year, I wrote Mike Brown a letter, and I said look, I’ve reached a point where I’m frustrated. We’re having an awesome start to our season and the only thing I can think about, for 10 years I’ve done what I’ve done for you, being the leader you needed and a captain and all this stuff, and now I’m at a point where I’m begging you to treat me right.

While Whitworth says he respected the team and Brown for being up front about their decisions, he ultimately signed a one-year deal for financial reasons, then told the team to talk to his agent about a long-term pact once the team looped back and wanted to get something done.

The entire history between the Bengals and Whitworth is pretty ugly in terms of low-balling accusations and such atop the on-field ramifications. If nothing else, we now know a little more of what went on behind the scenes before the split.

Whitworth, for what it’s worth, was rooting for the Bengals to make the Super Bowl against his Rams.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:40 am

Dan Hope @Dan_Hope
Chris Henry Jr. received an Ohio State offer today. Becomes the second player in the recruiting class of 2026 with an offer from the Buckeyes, joining defensive end Tyler Atkinson.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:00 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:40 am
Dan Hope @Dan_Hope
Chris Henry Jr. received an Ohio State offer today. Becomes the second player in the recruiting class of 2026 with an offer from the Buckeyes, joining defensive end Tyler Atkinson.
I will keep my fingers crossed that Slim Jr can stay out of trouble, play like his dad, and bring the story full circle back to Cincy.

I wonder if he has anyone, like Ocho or TJ, mentoring him?
Seeking Superbowls

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:11 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:00 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Dan Hope @Dan_Hope
I will keep my fingers crossed that Slim Jr can stay out of trouble, play like his dad, and bring the story full circle back to Cincy.

No need to worry, he has Pac Man dragging him up ;-) :shock:
I too hope to see him in Bengal stripes rather than prison stripes one day. Loved Slim

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:22 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:00 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Dan Hope @Dan_Hope

He must be pretty good, the tweets say he has 5 offers on the table at the moment. 8-)

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:40 pm

No thank you! No chance he would be happy being 4th WR. No chance any of the other 3 would be happy being 4th WR.
Odell Beckham comment on Joe Burrow’s IG post has fans buzzing
Chris Roling
Tue, June 14, 2022, 5:55 AM·1 min read

Here’s one that would have been impossible to predict — Cincinnati Bengals are buzzing about Odell Beckham Jr. after he left a comment on Joe Burrow’s Instagram post recently.

Burrow threw out a cryptic “My spidey sense is starting to tingle a bit” comment on his latest post. Interestingly, Beckham was one of the first people to comment on the post and simply said: “The one.”

Normally this would mean pretty much nothing. But Twitter ran with it for a few reasons. One, the LSU brotherhood both guys share (they also shared a moment after LSU’s title win under Burrow). Two, the fact Beckham is still a free agent after suffering an injury during the Super Bowl and potentially due to settle for a one-year, prove-it deal.

The Bengals don’t need Beckham, given the strength of their wideout corps. But it is admittedly pretty fun to think about, never mind the fact it’s cool big-name veterans could view Cincinnati as a destination to get a ring.