Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:33 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:17 pm
They are fine at WR. Use those dollars for OL, LB, DE and CB.
Even if the let AJ and Ross walk....?

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:33 pm
4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:17 pm
They are fine at WR. Use those dollars for OL, LB, DE and CB.
Even if the let AJ and Ross walk....?
Well Ross have done nothing this year and AJ is now average not much to replace. With Boyd, Higgins and Tate that is a very nice 3 WR set and Thomas and Erickson can cover the 4/5 spots.

Sure if both are gone they will need to add another WR I just don't think they will need to spend that much. Can find a lower level FA and draft a WR in 3 or 4th round.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:47 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Sure if both are gone they will need to add another WR I just don't think they will need to spend that much. Can find a lower level FA and draft a WR in 3 or 4th round.
Yeah, I wouldn't spend big money on him (or any other WR) either.

But if he's reasonable..... I'd kick the tires. ;)

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:31 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:47 pm
4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm
Yeah, I wouldn't spend big money on him (or any other WR) either.

But if he's reasonable..... I'd kick the tires. ;)
I agree I just think he is going to get more than Bengals should spend on a WR.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:18 pm

So wait, when did we get Margus Hunt back on the roster?? I totally missed that move. And it looks like a few of the boys, and Margus, had a Covid swap party cuz now Trae and McKensie both have it along with Fred Johnson.

Bengals took today off to let the Covid tests play out. Could be a tough week if these guys arent available.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Way back on Oct. 19th. You must have been drunk.... :roll:

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm
That sound you hear is this organization scrapping the bottom of the barrel.... :roll:

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
The #Bengals have signed Margus Hunt and waived Andrew Brown.

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:55 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:18 pm
So wait, when did we get Margus Hunt back on the roster?? I totally missed that move. And it looks like a few of the boys, and Margus, had a Covid swap party cuz now Trae and McKensie both have it along with Fred Johnson.

Bengals took today off to let the Covid tests play out. Could be a tough week if these guys arent available.
that was the move to push us over the edge for our very own interpretation of the win now concept ;)

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:57 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:50 pm
Way back on Oct. 19th. You must have been drunk.... :roll:

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm
That sound you hear is this organization scrapping the bottom of the barrel.... :roll:

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
The #Bengals have signed Margus Hunt and waived Andrew Brown.
that was exactly my thoughts on what happened to the front office, a drunken bet :evil:

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:02 am

Queue another classic Bengal signing?

The Atlanta Falcons waived the former first-round pick on Monday, the team announced.

McKinley was in the midst of a contract year in a situation that had become clear would not end with him and the Falcons renewing their partnership beyond 2020. The 26th-overall pick of the 2017 draft recorded 17.5 sacks in his three-plus seasons with the Falcons, never quite living up to his first-round status. He'd recorded eight tackles and one sack in four games in 2020 before injury pushed him to the sideline.

McKinley was open last week about his desire to leave Atlanta, voicing his frustrations via Twitter with a tweet that claimed the Falcons turned down a second-round pick in a proposed deal to send McKinley elsewhere in 2019, and "multiple" offers of fifth- and sixth-round picks for McKinley in 2020.

"I only have 17.5 career sacks," McKinley tweeted in a self-deprecating statement with the intent to push the Falcons to move him.

McKinley ended that tweet with three clown emojis. Interim head coach Raheem Morris told reporters last week McKinley "will be held accountable," adding "the wrong way to go about it how Takk is, to pout."

Accountability has arrived in the form of McKinley's release. Free to go elsewhere via waiver claim, McKinley's next destination will be decided by the league's waiver claim order -- if a team decides to claim him.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:36 am

Joe the Sot wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:02 am
Queue another classic Bengal signing?

The Atlanta Falcons waived the former first-round pick on Monday, the team announced.

McKinley was in the midst of a contract year in a situation that had become clear would not end with him and the Falcons renewing their partnership beyond 2020. The 26th-overall pick of the 2017 draft recorded 17.5 sacks in his three-plus seasons with the Falcons, never quite living up to his first-round status. He'd recorded eight tackles and one sack in four games in 2020 before injury pushed him to the sideline.

McKinley was open last week about his desire to leave Atlanta, voicing his frustrations via Twitter with a tweet that claimed the Falcons turned down a second-round pick in a proposed deal to send McKinley elsewhere in 2019, and "multiple" offers of fifth- and sixth-round picks for McKinley in 2020.

"I only have 17.5 career sacks," McKinley tweeted in a self-deprecating statement with the intent to push the Falcons to move him.

McKinley ended that tweet with three clown emojis. Interim head coach Raheem Morris told reporters last week McKinley "will be held accountable," adding "the wrong way to go about it how Takk is, to pout."

Accountability has arrived in the form of McKinley's release. Free to go elsewhere via waiver claim, McKinley's next destination will be decided by the league's waiver claim order -- if a team decides to claim him.
Why not give him a shot and bring him in. They need help on the DL.