Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:01 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:50 am
Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:19 pm
BENGALS TALK 🗣 @BengalsTalk
Bengals, Logan Wilson agree to four-year, $37.25 million extension - via @ESPN
I'm wondering if Joe Burrow is telling the Bengals, I'm not signing until these other key players sign. He's stated over and over publicly that the band is staying together. Just makes you wonder ya know.
If he is wanting to keep the entire band together he has got to be willing to play for less than he is worth. If he gets paid his full amount there is no way they can keep everyone else unless a few of them are willing to play for less than they are worth.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:37 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:01 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:19 pm
BENGALS TALK 🗣 @BengalsTalk
Bengals, Logan Wilson agree to four-year, $37.25 million extension - via @ESPN
I'm wondering if Joe Burrow is telling the Bengals, I'm not signing until these other key players sign. He's stated over and over publicly that the band is staying together. Just makes you wonder ya know.
If he is wanting to keep the entire band together he has got to be willing to play for less than he is worth. If he gets paid his full amount there is no way they can keep everyone else unless a few of them are willing to play for less than they are worth.
I don't agree with this one bit, you see teams every year walk that salary cap tight rope. Early money, late money it can be done.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:45 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:37 am
4256 Hits wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I don't agree with this one bit, you see teams every year walk that salary cap tight rope. Early money, late money it can be done.
Tell that to KC as the Bengals now have their starting left tackle and Hill is playing in Miami. And that is after Mahomes singed a "cap friendly" deal and then redid his contract in March to create more cap space. How many top WRs left GB so they could pay Rogers?

Math doesn't lie if a team pays someone that money is going to hit the cap and the cap is only so big, sure you can delay in a couple years but for only so long.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:17 pm

You have to figure if the Bengals are paying these other players first they must have a very solid idea what Burrow's contract is going to look like. Chances are they've already agreed in principle.

I just can't see them signing these other guys only to say, "Oh sh*t! Look at what it took to sign Joe, now we've got to let some people go..."

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:30 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:17 pm
You have to figure if the Bengals are paying these other players first they must have a very solid idea what Burrow's contract is going to look like. Chances are they've already agreed in principle.

I just can't see them signing these other guys only to say, "Oh sh*t! Look at what it took to sign Joe, now we've got to let some people go..."
I agree with this. Zero worry about them not signing Burrow. But they have yet to sign the other 2 most expensive players in Higgens and Chase.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:39 pm

Joe Mixon is sued over March 2023 shooting on his property
By Mike Florio August 5, 2023

Bengals running back Joe Mixon was not criminally charged for a shooting that occurred on his property earlier this year. But he has been civilly sued.

Via Ben Baby of ESPN.com, the family of a teenage boy who was shot in Mixon’s backyard in March has sued Mixon and Lamonte Brewer.

Brewer was the alleged shooter. Mixon allegedly supplied the ammunition for the Zavasta M92 gun that was used in the shooting.

The boy was shot while playing “Nerf Wars,” a game played by high-school students in Cincinnati. People in Mixon’s home became concerned that the boy had an actual gun. The lawsuit contends that their fears were unfounded.

Brewer ultimately was charged with felonious assault, one count of tampering with evidence, and two counts of having weapons while under disability. Shalonda Mixon, Joe’s sister, was charged with tampering with evidence.

The boy’s family lived next door to Mixon. They have since sold their house because, per the lawsuit, they did not feel safe living there. Per county records, the family sold the home for $2.175 million.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:19 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:45 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
4256 Hits wrote:

Tell that to KC as the Bengals now have their starting left tackle and Hill is playing in Miami. And that is after Mahomes singed a "cap friendly" deal and then redid his contract in March to create more cap space. How many top WRs left GB so they could pay Rogers?

Math doesn't lie if a team pays someone that money is going to hit the cap and the cap is only so big, sure you can delay in a couple years but for only so long.
And yet they still won the SB last year. Look at teams like Buffalo who didn't have any cap space and somehow signed Von Miller or whoever that high priced DE was. Don't sit here and tell me this team can't do it when other teams are.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:27 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:19 am
4256 Hits wrote:
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

And yet they still won the SB last year. Look at teams like Buffalo who didn't have any cap space and somehow signed Von Miller or whoever that high priced DE was. Don't sit here and tell me this team can't do it when other teams are.
Didn't say they can't win a SB but KC had to get rid of best WR to fit under the cap and time will tell if they sign everyone (Bates already left).

Bills are good example of what I was saying about buying a couple years but someday will have to pay the price against the cap as Allen cap hit is still very low. 16.4 in 22, 18.7 in 23, 47.1 in 24, 56.6 in 25, 52.3 in 26. This is the year the Bills have to win because Diggs and Millers cap hits are also getting bigger as they get older. They may have to tank a couple years soon to get out of the cap hell they are headed toward.

If ever want to look at the cap/FA/contract side of NFL here is a very good site.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:18 am

4256 Hits wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:27 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:19 am
4256 Hits wrote:

Didn't say they can't win a SB but KC had to get rid of best WR to fit under the cap and time will tell if they sign everyone (Bates already left).

Bills are good example of what I was saying about buying a couple years but someday will have to pay the price against the cap as Allen cap hit is still very low. 16.4 in 22, 18.7 in 23, 47.1 in 24, 56.6 in 25, 52.3 in 26. This is the year the Bills have to win because Diggs and Millers cap hits are also getting bigger as they get older. They may have to tank a couple years soon to get out of the cap hell they are headed toward.

If ever want to look at the cap/FA/contract side of NFL here is a very good site.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/
Hits, I know how the cap works and I know there's a way to keep these guys together and we've heard over and over that's what Joe wants. The Bills made it happen and got guys there. Diggs wants out of Buffalo so he's not staying even if they wanted him too.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:22 pm

Cincinnati 💔 @CincyProblems
BREAKING: Joe Mixon is found NOT GUILTY of aggravated menacing from the road rage incident.