Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:33 pm

Whodeynation_news (@whodeynationews)
Hue Jackson's first 19 games as HC for Cleveland: 1-18
Zac Taylor's first 19 games as HC for Cincinnati: 2-16-1
One win separates Zac Taylor and one of the worst HC's in NFL history throughout their first 19 games.
WAKE UP PEOPLE

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:37 pm

yikes

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:57 pm

Big difference.....Hue was a seasoned coach with decades of experience. Zac is for all intents and purposes a rookie. Players in Cincy and around the league barely know him. And in his rookie season he led one of the worst injury plagued teams I've seen in a long time....with no Oline. Hue had gobs of talent on his squad.

All of that said, if Zac doesnt do better than 6-10 this season and show some significant improvements against a tough second half schedule, I know what some of us might do for next year but SoP wont. He's loyal to a fault.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:08 pm

Anybody still think coaching isn't a big part of the problem... :roll:

Richard Skinner (@Local12Skinny)
#Bengals O-line coach Jim Turner on Bobby Hart:
"I think Bobby's playing the best football I've seen him play in his career right now. I think mentally, he's a great place right now, like if you watch his side of the line, it's solid. I am not worried about Bobby Hart."

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:12 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:08 pm
Anybody still think coaching isn't a big part of the problem... :roll:

Richard Skinner (@Local12Skinny)
#Bengals O-line coach Jim Turner on Bobby Hart:
"I think Bobby's playing the best football I've seen him play in his career right now. I think mentally, he's a great place right now, like if you watch his side of the line, it's solid. I am not worried about Bobby Hart."
"Bobby Hart is the most under-appreciated player and most picked on player." — #Bengals OL coach Jim Turner

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:26 pm

WTF?? Are we even watching the same games??
Seeking Superbowls

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:57 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:33 pm
Whodeynation_news (@whodeynationews)
Hue Jackson's first 19 games as HC for Cleveland: 1-18
Zac Taylor's first 19 games as HC for Cincinnati: 2-16-1
One win separates Zac Taylor and one of the worst HC's in NFL history throughout their first 19 games.
WAKE UP PEOPLE
What he said, run them all out of town with the oline, I can’t remember in my 34 years of following the bengals being more pissed at the coaching and blatant disregard for the talented new QB (of the future assuming he isn’t killed) and frankly that is saying A LOT as I have seen more misery than I care to remember.
In the organisation favour, they have finally made some effort to improve the defence through FA but the coaches are (or should be) pop warner level and the lack of any effort to improve the offensive line is negligent in my humble opinion.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 am

I cant see Mikey canning Taylor anytime in the near future. He's here another 3 to 5 years atleast. Just the way the old man is.

It's obvious with our OC having no clue they're cutting olineman and that our Oline coach is taken up for our worst player things haven't changed much. That 115M they spent in FA was just masking the real scenerio, and thats Mikey is still making allllll the calls. I feel sorry for Burrow. Can't see him staying here long. He'll get frustrated soon and pull a Palmer. I give ir this season and if Burrow doesn't see alot of changes in off season then he's through.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 pm

Is it to late to hire Eric Bieniemy....? :|

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:09 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 pm
Is it to late to hire Eric Bieniemy....? :|
It is "too" late for senior citizens to be awake and making grammatical errors on sports blogs. We demand excellence around here or some guy named B1 will call you out.

I sort of agree with Bananas, if things don't change soon I can see Burrow pulling a Carson Palmer. The kid knows he is good enough to compete at this level. Why waste a career on an owner who won't address glaring issues and protect him!
Seeking Superbowls