Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
skycruiser

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by skycruiser » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:49 am

TheBurn wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:41 pm
Bengals CB Trae Waynes (hamstring) won't play in Week 1 against the Vikings.

Waynes has yet to play a game for Cincinnati since striking a three-year, $42 million deal with the organization last offseason. Eli Apple, who was cut from both the Panthers and Raiders for conditioning reasons last year, will instead be on the field and assigned either Justin Jefferson or Adam Thielen in coverage. It's a disastrous development for a defensive unit that was already facing an uphill battle in talent discrepancy.

Source: Ben Baby on Twitter
Sep 6, 2021, 3:10 PM ET
because of course

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:56 pm

The Bengals have signed QB Jake Browning late of the Vikings.

Hmmmmmmm.....can't imagine why we'd sign him now? Can you? :twisted:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:30 pm

Interesting. Chris Henry was one of favorite players of the Bengals modern era (since 2000). Still....I'm not sure Pacman Jones is who I'd want adopting my kids.... :?

[https://www.wlwt.com/article/adam-pacma ... e/37490909]

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:45 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:30 pm
Interesting. Chris Henry was one of favorite players of the Bengals modern era (since 2000). Still....I'm not sure Pacman Jones is who I'd want adopting my kids.... :?

[https://www.wlwt.com/article/adam-pacma ... e/37490909]
Well I guess if he wanted someone that would closely raise them as he would Pacman is best choice

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:20 pm

Why is it nearly every Bengals 1st round pick has a "issue" every year. This is a problem I have never heard any of the thousands of WRs that came before him had.
Bengals WR Ja'Marr Chase says preseason drops were due to 'hard to see' NFL football

Rookie wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase hasn't had the smoothest of preseasons for the Cincinnati Bengals. He has been plagued by drop issues, missing the past four passes that were thrown to him in preseason games.

With the regular season just days away, that's caused concern. Chase was the fifth overall pick in the 2021 draft and is expected to be one of quarterback Joe Burrow's main targets. If he can't hold onto the football, there's going to be a problem.

Chase has an explanation for his struggles. He's been having trouble adjusting to NFL footballs, which are larger and have a different look than NCAA footballs.

"The ball is different because it is bigger," Chase said via Bengals.com. "It doesn't have the white stripes on the side so you can't see the ball coming from the tip point so you actually have to look for the strings on the ball at the top, which is hard to see because whole ball is brown and you have the six strings that are white. But for the most part, just have to get used to it and find out what I am comfortable with catching."

There's also the issue with his actual recent playing experience. Chase opted out of his final NCAA season with LSU in 2020, meaning it has been more than 600 days since he caught a pass in a real game. Regardless of how long it has been since he's played or how hard the NFL ball is to catch, Chase is fully aware that it's entirely on him to make the necessary adjustments.

"I don't want to blame it on me sitting on my butt the whole year, but it probably had something to do with it, of course," Chase said. "There's a bigger ball adjustment, so I don't want to make excuses but I've just got to be a pro and make the catch."

How is Chase working to fix this?

Chase told media that he has been working hard on getting used to the look and feel of the NFL football and improving his hand-eye coordination.

Via Bengals.com:

It's not like the guy isn't putting in the reps. Because he stays after practice to catch footballs from the Jugs machine, it may be a tossup on if he's caught more footballs than tennis balls during the preseason. And he says it is 5,000 tennis balls. A coach stands behind him in the weight room, throws the tennis ball off the wall and Chase reacts.

"I do at least 40 a day," said Chase, who was putting in some 500-tennis-ball days after the three drops in Washington. "The tennis balls are for eye concentration, hand-eye coordination."

And there's one thing that can be fixed only by playing in a real NFL game: consistent playing time. Chase also believes that the inconsistent, herky-jerky nature of the preseason didn't allow him to get into a rhythm.

"I didn't really get into a good rhythm with myself and actually play football," Chase said. "I just had a few times to go out there and learn the fundamentals of the offense. That's how I felt when I was out there playing. I feel like once I get into this game and actually play a longer time I'll do more of myself."

Chase will get his first chance to find that "good rhythm" when the Bengals take on the Minnesota Vikings at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, a game Cincinnati is a 3-point underdog, according to BetMGM oddsmakers.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 pm

He’ll be alright

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:58 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 pm
He’ll be alright
If he hadn't been drafted by the Bengals I would feel more confident that will turn out to be true. Since B1 wife is still with the living I expect bad thing to happen to the Bengals.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:09 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:58 pm
skycruiser wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:30 pm
He’ll be alright
If he hadn't been drafted by the Bengals I would feel more confident that will turn out to be true. Since B1 wife is still with the living I expect bad thing to happen to the Bengals.
You're prolly right but keep in mind they've sucked since before she was born. ;)

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:54 pm

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Bengals safety’ Ricardo Allen will miss at least three weeks with a broken hand and a hamstring strain, per source.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:45 pm

Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals)
We've made the following roster moves:
- Placed S Ricardo Allen on the Reserve/Injured list.
- Signed WR Trenton Irwin from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Signed S Sean Davis to the practice squad.