Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:06 pm

To the surprise of absolutely no one... :roll:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Another no-brainer: The #Bengals have picked up the fifth-year option for QB Joe Burrow, source said.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon May 01, 2023 2:23 pm

Paul Dehner Jr. @pauldehnerjr
#Bengals Joseph Ossai on his knee injury, rehab: "I'm progressing really well. Going on Week 12 right now, I think it's a 5-month thing, so I should be great for camp. OTAs to at least walk around. I'm speculating, but I'll leave that up to the trainers.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:19 pm

RIGHT STUFF: Cartman, who lost the starting left guard spot last training camp before coming off the bench and flashing at left tackle in the postseason, is going to get the first shot at filling in for rehabbing right tackle La'el Collins. That's what head coach Zac Taylor said after the draft.

"That doesn't mean anything. We're not there yet. This is a whole new year, whole new season," Cartman said. "Last year I had the first shot at left guard and what happened? I was in street clothes all year. But if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have had the opportunity at the end of the season, so everything is working its way out for a reason."

So there giving Cartman the nod over Williams...? Williams who has a $12.5 million cap hit this year...?

I hav

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 pm

RIGHT STUFF: Cartman, who lost the starting left guard spot last training camp before coming off the bench and flashing at left tackle in the postseason, is going to get the first shot at filling in for rehabbing right tackle La'el Collins. That's what head coach Zac Taylor said after the draft.

"That doesn't mean anything. We're not there yet. This is a whole new year, whole new season," Cartman said. "Last year I had the first shot at left guard and what happened? I was in street clothes all year. But if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have had the opportunity at the end of the season, so everything is working its way out for a reason."

So there giving Cartman the nod over Williams...? Williams who has a $12.5 million cap hit this year...?

I have to believe this is simply due to Jonah's injury, right? :?

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue May 02, 2023 8:52 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 pm

I have to believe this is simply due to Jonah's injury, right? :?
I'll say Cartman didn't look horrible in the playoffs. They have said he's really put in the work over the past year to transform his body to look like an actual NFL linemen. If he's putting in the work and the coaches are seeing that why not give him a shot at it. I don't know about 1st shot but a shot for sure.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:31 am

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
Veteran QB Brandon Allen is signing with the #49ers, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo.
Allen helped mentor Joe Burrow in Cincinnati the past three years. Now Allen joins a young QB room in San Francisco.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed May 03, 2023 1:22 pm

We have our new backup QB. Nobody was going to be exciting for a backup QB, so it's fine.

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
54m
#Bengals make move at backup QB, signing Trevor Siemian, he told the
@TheAthletic

The 31-year-old spent last year in Chicago and this will be his fifth team in five years.

Has 30 career starts with 42 TDs and 28 INTs. Should battle Jake Browning for spot behind Joe Burrow.
Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr
·
51m
Brandon Allen moves to San Francisco and Siemian, who worked with Brian Callahan early in his career in Denver, enters the fray in Cincinnati.

#Bengals did work in the draft on QBs, but that market went off early. Shifted back to vet competition with Browning.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:35 pm

Jmble wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 1:22 pm
We have our new backup QB. Nobody was going to be exciting for a backup QB, so it's fine.
Better than Henne. Too many Skunkbears spoil the team... :x

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:11 pm

Bengals get their entire draft class under contract
Posted by Josh Alper on May 12, 2023

The Bengals confirmed a report that they signed first-round pick Myles Murphy on Friday afternoon and they went on to announce that they signed all of their other 2023 picks as well.

Murphy was the team’s top pick and their second-round choice was former Michigan cornerback DJ Turner. Turner turned in the fastest 40-yard time at this year’s Scouting Combine before being selected by the Bengals.

The rest of the draft class is made up of third-round safety Jordan Battle, fourth-round wide receiver Charlie Jones, fifth-round running back Chase Brown, sixth-round wide receiver Andrei Iosivas, sixth-round punter Brad Robbins, and seventh-round cornerback DJ Ivey.

The Bengals are holding their rookie minicamp this weekend, so getting the group in one place allowed the team to get all their work done at once.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri May 12, 2023 6:56 pm

We talked about this and I'm sure a lot of us joked about this I know I saw plenty of jokes going around. Turns out he's innocent and his life is ruined, we as a society need to remember innocent until proven guilty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsbHQtGLLSk