Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:49 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:20 pm
You can you dont like SoP, but he's not wrong. We all want Burrow forever, but money may prohibit that. I just wish he would have bit his tongue for a few more weeks. No need for this shit right now.

Hoard asked about Burrow’s contract situation going forward.

“He’s going to have a long career. We certainly want it to be here, and I think his window will extend over his whole career. But there is the fact that, when you don’t have to pay the quarterback some extraordinary amount, that leaves room to pay other players more, and therefore you can keep more players that are good players. [...]It’s Mahomes and others of that like, they seem to make it go even after they’ve gotten their payday
I have no doubt in my mind that the Bengals will work out something with Burrow long term. They realize the kind of person he is and the type of changes he's already brought to this franchise. I will say this over and over again he's not a Carson Palmer type player he's 3 level's above that. Look at what we've already done since he's here, do any of you actually believe we would have gotten an indoor facility if it wasn't for him being here?

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:16 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:49 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:20 pm
You can you dont like SoP, but he's not wrong. We all want Burrow forever, but money may prohibit that. I just wish he would have bit his tongue for a few more weeks. No need for this shit right now.

Hoard asked about Burrow’s contract situation going forward.

“He’s going to have a long career. We certainly want it to be here, and I think his window will extend over his whole career. But there is the fact that, when you don’t have to pay the quarterback some extraordinary amount, that leaves room to pay other players more, and therefore you can keep more players that are good players. [...]It’s Mahomes and others of that like, they seem to make it go even after they’ve gotten their payday
I have no doubt in my mind that the Bengals will work out something with Burrow long term. They realize the kind of person he is and the type of changes he's already brought to this franchise. I will say this over and over again he's not a Carson Palmer type player he's 3 level's above that. Look at what we've already done since he's here, do any of you actually believe we would have gotten an indoor facility if it wasn't for him being here?
I also believe Katie has taken the reigns over while SoP still is the "face" of ownership.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:45 am

I can tell you with great confidence that the plan is to pay burrow. What he’s saying is that means a bunch of others won’t get paid and don’t expect many free agents

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:25 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:45 am
I can tell you with great confidence that the plan is to pay burrow. What he’s saying is that means a bunch of others won’t get paid and don’t expect many free agents
Exactly.

Remember, the main reason SoP finally sold the naming rights to the stadium was to shore up his bank account so they could afford all the guaranteed money Burrow's next contract will no-doubt demand.

Guaranteed money has to be deposited into a joint bank account the moment a contract is signed. So you have to have the cash on hand immediately. Hence the need to sell the naming rights.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:57 pm

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero
The #Colts requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:59 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:57 pm
The #Colts requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source.
I don't have a problem with this as long as we keep Lou. I think we can find a better OC honestly.

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:52 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:59 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:57 pm
I don't have a problem with this as long as we keep Lou. I think we can find a better OC honestly.
+1

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:41 pm

NFL Insider: Bengals 'Didn't Show Much Interest' in Signing Andrew Whitworth, Even Though He Was Open to Return

Cincinnati will be without three of their five starting offensive linemen on Sunday in Buffalo.

CINCINNATI — Would Andrew Whitworth actually come back to the NFL?

Peter Schrager of NFL Network says the former All-Pro left tackle was open to returning to Cincinnati to help the Bengals in the playoffs, but the team wasn't interested.

"Whitworth is retired and I've become really close with Whitworth and I asked him straight up, 'would you come back?' And he's like 'Well, the door's open.' And Bengals sources were like 'we're good. We're rolling with the guys we got,'" Schrager said on the Bill Simmons Podcast. "That would've been the Eric Weddle story of this guy's coming on just for the playoffs. The whole thing and he's in shape to play and they didn't show much interest in signing him, so I think they're confident."

Whitworth, 41, spent the first 11 years of his career in Cincinnati. He signed with the Rams in 2017 and played in Los Angeles for five seasons. He helped the Rams get past the Bengals in Super Bowl LVI, before retiring.

Despite being away from the game for nearly a year, there were plenty of people that thought he could help a banged up Bengals' offensive line. Right tackle La'el Collins (ACL) is out for the season. Left tackle Jonah Williams (knee) and right guard Alex Cappa (ankle) will both miss Sunday's game in Buffalo and could miss more time, even if the Bengals do beat the Bills.

Most people dismissed the idea of Whitworth returning to the league, especially after winning the Super Bowl last season, but Schrager made it clear that he was at least open to a possible return.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:59 am

Not buying it

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:49 am

skycruiser wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:59 am
Not buying it
I'm thinking that Whitworth is going to be reassessing any friendship he may have with Peter Schrager.
Seeking Superbowls