Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:15 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:48 pm
Careful B1 you might push Meat over the edge. Bringing up kINTa just might do it. :twisted:
This teams left me plenty of arrows in my quiver.... :twisted:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
Joe Mixon named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
#Bengals

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:48 pm

super happy for Mixon. i feel like hes gotten the short end of the stick in his career..... we havent given him much of an opportunity to show off his skills with the lineups hes been thrust into.

Heres to a bright future with Burrow, Mixon and Boyd/Higgins!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:21 pm

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:36 pm

:shock:

Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr)
Carlos Dunlap talking like he is no longer the starter at DE. Sounding quite frustrated here on Zoom.

Perhaps they felt like Dunlap might need this for some motivation. We saw last year when his production was night and day the first half and the second half. Right or wrong, the motivation element has followed Dunlap throughout his career.

Carl Lawson was on the Zoom a week or two ago talking about how hard he is working and trying to improve/produce as a run stopper so he can be the three-down guy. He's been playing well.
If he's taking some of Dunlap's snaps, I can't say I disagree with that.

Dunlap: "Trying to figure out the plan. Kind of frustrated. Would like to just figure out the plan for Baltimore, but have to figure out the madness they are doing."

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:17 pm

While we are at it, pass rush productivity number, via @PFF, for #Bengals edge rushers this year (overall NFL edge rusher rank)

Carl Lawson: 7.7 (30th)
Sam Hubbard: 5.7 (52nd)
Carlos Dunlap: 3.8 (87th)
Khalid Kareem: 2.9 (N/A too few snaps)

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:17 pm
While we are at it, pass rush productivity number, via @PFF, for #Bengals edge rushers this year (overall NFL edge rusher rank)

Carl Lawson: 7.7 (30th)
Sam Hubbard: 5.7 (52nd)
Carlos Dunlap: 3.8 (87th)
Khalid Kareem: 2.9 (N/A too few snaps)
I'm cool with giving Lawson a shot at being the every down guy, but if Taylor really released a depth chart with Dunlap benched without talking to him first, that's pretty crappy. You have to give some respect to one of your longest tenured and most respected players. Hopefully Dunlap is just airing his grievances and blowing off steam.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:53 pm

Might be wrong, but wasnt Dunlap a captain? Could have been last year. Either way, you dont bench your leaders without having their support for the move. Otherwise its problematic and they need to go.

This BS with Atkins has me worried there is more issues beyond a shoulder.
Seeking Superbowls

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:56 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:53 pm
Might be wrong, but wasnt Dunlap a captain? Could have been last year. Either way, you dont bench your leaders without having their support for the move. Otherwise its problematic and they need to go.

This BS with Atkins has me worried there is more issues beyond a shoulder.
He isn't a Captain this year but your point still stands. Captain or not I have no doubt he's seen as a leader in that locker room.

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:24 am

Whatever it is going on with the Carlos Dunlap situation is wrong no matter how they spin it. Obvious he's being out performed. Does that warrant losing your starting job considering the guy that's manned the middle of the line along side of you for 9 years hasn't played a snap all season. And has been deemed the weakness of the defense since day one. I've always stated that being a starter in the NFL shouldn't matter too much unless your the quarterback. If you're doing your job and making plays they will find a way to get you on the field. They could've just left well alone and kept Dunlap at the top of the depth chart.