MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:27 pm
Jmble wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:26 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:03 pm
Bates is being rumored to want a 5 year deal worth 70 Mill

Honestly, for him that's not bad.
That would put him right about where the Franchise Tag would have him.

The top Safety Contracts for 2022 in total cash are:

Justin Simmons - 15.1 mil 18.85 mil Cap hit
Jamal Adams - 14.44 mil 9.11 mil Cap hit
Kevin Byard - 12.5 mil 15.838 mil Cap hit
Landon Collins - 12 mil 16.2 mil Cap hit
These numbers are off, Jamal made 17 mi last season, and the #2 highest was 16.2. Just heard the numbers from 700wlw on drive home.
Could be. I just pulled my numbers off of Sportrac for 2022 numbers.

I have no idea where they get their numbers from.

stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:39 pm

Eagles have signed Renell Wren. DL draft picks (late round) will be needed for depth.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... nell-wren/
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:08 pm

I believe it.... 8-)

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
Daniel Jeremiah on pre-Combine conference call: The #Bengals are going to be able to find guys in the third and fourth round of this draft who are better than some of the guys they started in the Super Bowl.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:37 pm

Cincinnati 🧡🖤 (@CincyProblems)
Logan Wilson reportedly played through a fully torn shoulder labrum from the end of the season into the postseason and Super Bowl. What a beast. 💪 #Bengals #SBLVI

Zoo

Post by Zoo » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:13 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:37 pm
Logan Wilson reportedly played through a fully torn shoulder labrum from the end of the season into the postseason and Super Bowl. What a beast. 💪 #Bengals #SBLVI
I thought he missed some games because of this. That's why we got to see Markus Bailey and Jon Bachie play some.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:16 pm

Zoo wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:13 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:37 pm
I thought he missed some games because of this. That's why we got to see Markus Bailey and Jon Bachie play some.
Per PFT.....

Bengals linebacker Logan Wilson had a visit with doctors after the Super Bowl.

Jeremy Fowler of ESPN reports that Wilson had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder last week. He is expected to be fully recovered in time for next season.

Wilson hurt his shoulder during the regular season and missed four of the team’s final five games. He returned to start all four of their playoff games.

Wilson intercepted a pass to set up the game-winning field goal in Cincinnati’s divisional round win over the Titans and had 39 tackles during the postseason, but was also flagged for holding on a pass to Cooper Kupp late in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl. He had 100 tackles, four interceptions, a sack, and a forced fumble in 13 regular season appearances.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:32 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... extension/

Bengals re-sign FA CB (Unsigned exclusive rights player) Jalen Davis to a one-year extension. Knocking out the easy stuff first I suppose. Saving those late round picks.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:56 am

Again, take this with a Meat sized nugget of salt.... 8-)

Agent for 'Prominent Tight End' Wants Client to Sign With Bengals to Play With Joe Burrow
The Joe Burrow effect is real.
JAMES RAPIEN

CINCINNATI — Don't be shocked if the Bengals land a top tight end in free agency.

It may sound farfetched, especially because they want to retain C.J. Uzomah, but the Joe Burrow effect is real.

Pro Football Focus' Doug Kyed shined a spotlight on how NFL players want to play with Joe Burrow.

"Completely unprompted, an agent for a prominent free-agent tight end told PFF recently how badly he wanted his client to sign with the Bengals and play with quarterback Joe Burrow," Kyed wrote on Wednesday.

He didn't specify which tight end or what agent, but that part isn't as important. The bottom line is Burrow has helped turn the Bengals into a free agent destination.

"He’s the real deal. Our job, like I said when we drafted him, is to support him in the best way we can," Bengals Director of Player Personnel Duke Tobin said this week. "This league is about quarterbacks and when you have one, you’ve got to support him the best way you can. We think we’ve done a good job of putting pieces around him and we’re going to continue to try and do that."

First, Rob Gronkowski expressed interest in playing with Burrow. Now it's another "prominent tight end" that has interest in signing with Cincinnati.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:03 am

Kyle Randolph I bet. He’s from the Nati. My source also says that uzomah is for sure coming back

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:45 am

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:03 am
Kyle Randolph I bet. He’s from the Nati. My source also says that uzomah is for sure coming back
Kyle Rudolph?? C'mon, he's not prominent he's done! 32 years old, 257 yards and 1 TD with the Giants last year and not much better with the Vikes in 2020. He's done, and probably hoping he can recover with a firebrand QB like Burrow. If I'm bringing in an old TE I'm definitely bringing in Gronk. At least we know the production is there.
Seeking Superbowls