Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
TheBurn

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by TheBurn » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:43 pm

A.J. Green WR, Cincinnati Bengals

The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr. said A.J. Green will likely move on from the Bengals next season. After the team tried to force Green into the offensive game plan early this season, he's fallen well behind Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins. On Sunday against the Dolphins, Green had his second straight catchless outing. "I’m not sure what his market will be, but I can’t imagine a return here being something either side is interested in at this point," Dehner said. "He will move on, with the torch already passed to Higgins as WR1." Dehner mentioned Josh Reynolds as a third receiver the Bengals could sign this offseason. Green could play out his final years as the third or fourth option on a contending team or a No. 2 option on a bad team...

Source: The Athletic
Dec 8, 2020, 9:11 AM ET

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:43 pm
A.J. Green WR, Cincinnati Bengals

The Athletic's Paul Dehner Jr. said A.J. Green will likely move on from the Bengals next season. After the team tried to force Green into the offensive game plan early this season, he's fallen well behind Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins. On Sunday against the Dolphins, Green had his second straight catchless outing. "I’m not sure what his market will be, but I can’t imagine a return here being something either side is interested in at this point," Dehner said. "He will move on, with the torch already passed to Higgins as WR1." Dehner mentioned Josh Reynolds as a third receiver the Bengals could sign this offseason. Green could play out his final years as the third or fourth option on a contending team or a No. 2 option on a bad team...

Source: The Athletic
Dec 8, 2020, 9:11 AM ET
Watch him run his routes he either has lost it or not even trying. I can't even imagine any team even giving him 2 mil next year so he might just retire.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:59 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm
Watch him run his routes he either has lost it or not even trying. I can't even imagine any team even giving him 2 mil next year so he might just retire.
I disagree. I think AJ wants to win a Super Bowl before he retires. I can see him signing a one-year deal with a contender like the Rams or Seahawks or Packers etc...

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:15 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:59 pm
4256 Hits wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm
I disagree. I think AJ wants to win a Super Bowl before he retires. I can see him signing a one-year deal with a contender like the Rams or Seahawks or Packers etc...
Maybe true but that confirms he quite on this team before the season ever started and is scamming he Bengals out of 18mil.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:17 pm

Michael Signora
@NFLfootballinfo
·
21h
Teair Tart of the Tennessee Titans and Shawn Williams of the Cincinnati Bengals have each been suspended without pay for one game for violations of unnecessary roughness and unsportsmanlike conduct rules.

Some bit of good news.

It sounds like Bengals might have avoided a serious injury to Jonah Williams

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:46 am

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
The #Bengals placed OT Jonah Williams on injured reserve with a knee injury, likely ending his season, while they activated CB Darius Phillips from IR. This means the last two No. 1 picks for Cincy ended on Injured Reserve.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Joe Mixon RB, Cincinnati Bengals

Speaking Wednesday, coach Zac Taylor ruled Joe Mixon (foot, I.R.) out for Week 14 but said there's a "possibility" he plays again this season. Taylor has always played injuries close to the vest, so him saying there's a "possibility" Mixon plays again this season doesn't carry a lot of weight. All of last season he spoke as if A.J. Green was just days away, until Green ended up missing the whole year. Mixon hasn't played since Week 6. It'll continue to be Giovani Bernard, Samaje Perine, and Trayveon Williams in the Bengals' backfield.

Source: Ben Baby on Twitter
Dec 9, 2020, 1:54 PM ET

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:35 pm

What exactly is Mixon's injury supposed to be again...?

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:21 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:35 pm
What exactly is Mixon's injury supposed to be again...?
Dontwanttoplayfortayloritis

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:25 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/going-bengals- ... 07140.html

Another sign that Green quit on this team.
Green, playing on the $18.171 million franchise tag, caught no passes on one target. It was his second game in a row without a catch and the third time in four games.

Put another way, Green has caught six passes on 23 targets over his last five games.

Green has completely disappeared, which is wild because he’s played at least 79 percent of the offense’s snaps in every game dating back through Week 6. His highest outputs of the season were 82- and 96-yard showings. He’s scored once.

There’s also this from last Sunday, when both teams were involved in a major scuffle (that’s Green off on the far left with his hands behind his back)