Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:35 am

Seahawks release Center Justin Britt.....

[https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ritt-also/]

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:33 pm

I forgot Oogie Boogie landed in SEA. Cant imagine he'll be there for long.
Seeking Superbowls

Deadcat

Post by Deadcat » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:06 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:33 pm
I forgot Oogie Boogie landed in SEA. Cant imagine he'll be there for long.
I'm guessing DJ Fluker and Britt's paychecks did not match their performance which is why they are hitting the road. Oogie is probably making league minimum at this point. Even then it's highway robbery. Like in Green Bay, if Wilson is making top dollar, and he is, ain't room for anyone else to get theirs.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Looks like Fluker average out at a PFF grade around 60.4 last year. Britt around 62.

Britt is older and not ranked as highly as Trey Hopkins. Fluker kind of fits in at Guard.

Interesting notes in looking up these grades on PFF.

The Bengals Offensive Line actually averaged out pretty well on pass blocking for the whole year.

Hopkins has a 71.5, Fred Johnson had a 78.4, and even Bobby Hart averaged a 68.7 grade. Not outstanding but I think it does show how our pass blocking got better by the end of the year and maybe shows why the team wasn't in as big a hurry to throw a pick at a Tackle early in the draft. Su'a-Filo who they picked up from Dallas in Free Agency averaged a 77.7 when it came to pass blocking. Add Jonah Williams and assume some growth from our young guys and our Line might not look as bad for Burrow this year.

Run Blocking still scares me though. That's where someone like Fluker could help.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) Tweeted:
The #Bengals have claimed LB Austin Calitro off waivers, source said. He started four games for the #Jaguars last season and five with the #Seahawks in 2018. Another veteran addition to Cincy's D.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Bengals claim RB Samaje Perine off waivers...

[https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... f-waivers/]

Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) Tweeted:
At the end of last year I had somebody in the #Bengals tell me the toughest cut they made all year was RB Samaje Perine. They really like the way he plays. Explains why he’s back.

Mag

Post by Mag » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:47 pm

Bengals Beat Podcast mentioned an interesting tidbit. Billy Price has been working out with an OL consultant to improve technique. Seems he took his struggles as a challenge to get better.

That would be huge, if he could win one of the OG spots.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:18 pm

Mag wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:47 pm
Bengals Beat Podcast mentioned an interesting tidbit. Billy Price has been working out with an OL consultant to improve technique. Seems he took his struggles as a challenge to get better.

At this point anything he does to justify his first round selection would be nice.... :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:41 pm

Mag wrote:

Agree. I'm ok if he cant play center, but atlesst get lg or rg locked up so it truly doesn't feel bust like.

Ok. Here's a question...

Why did he have to hire someone or go outside the organization. Couldnt one of our own work with him, maybe an oline assistant or hell our oline coach?
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:10 am

Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:41 pm
Mag wrote:

Agree. I'm ok if he cant play center, but atlesst get lg or rg locked up so it truly doesn't feel bust like.

Ok. Here's a question...

Why did he have to hire someone or go outside the organization. Couldnt one of our own work with him, maybe an oline assistant or hell our oline coach?
I think the CBA limits offseason contact between players and coaches.