Bengals Related News & Notes

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:21 pm

I imagine it was pretty hostile. You cant be 0-2 when you should be 2-0 and like it. You cant lose 2 games by a hair and enjoy it. You cant find a way to put up 30+ points and still lose and be all rainbows and sunshine. These guys are pissed off at themselves and probably each other. Thats why I'm going with a big win this week.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:33 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:21 pm
I imagine it was pretty hostile. You cant be 0-2 when you should be 2-0 and like it. You cant lose 2 games by a hair and enjoy it. You cant find a way to put up 30+ points and still lose and be all rainbows and sunshine. These guys are pissed off at themselves and probably each other. Thats why I'm going with a big win this week.
How's come they never got pissed off enough to win during last year's 2-14 debacle..? Asking for a friend.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:35 pm

Tyler Dragon ☑️ @TheTylerDragon

Zac Taylor on Geno Atkins: "He feels better every day, just not quite ready to play in a game yet."
Taylor added that Atkins injured his shoulder during a team scrimmage in training camp. #Bengals

1:02 PM · Sep 25, 2020·Twitter Web App

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:02 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:33 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:21 pm
How's come they never got pissed off enough to win during last year's 2-14 debacle..? Asking for a friend.
I see where you are headed, obviously, but in their "limited" defense, I think they lost 9 games by one score or less if memory serves correct. And the injuries were awful. While injuries arent predictable, I do think the culture of this team is a bit more aggressive. And with 40% turnover on the roster, its going to take a few live games to get this right with a rookie QB.
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:04 pm

I think there's a culture of losing with this organization and it permiates the team and eventually the new players that come in.

A team like the Cowboys or Patriots or ( and yes it pains me to say this) the Steelers expects to win. When Big Jen went down early last season the team rallied around their back-up QB and the defense stepped up and they managed to have a decent season.

That would never have happened with the Bengals. I can guarantee you if Burrow went down like that the Bengals would crumble and probably not win another game all season.

I don't know when if ever, things are going to change. We've all been pointing to the day when SoP no longer runs things but with "Pumkin" looking more and more like the guord that didn't grow too far down the vine I'm seriously beginning to wonder if we'll realistically ever see any fundemental systemic change in this organization.

Time will tell but I wouldn't put any money on it at this point...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:29 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:04 pm
I think there's a culture of losing with this organization and it permiates the team and eventually the new players that come in.

A team like the Cowboys or Patriots or ( and yes it pains me to say this) the Steelers expects to win. When Big Jen went down early last season the team rallied around their back-up QB and the defense stepped up and they managed to have a decent season.

That would never have happened with the Bengals. I can guarantee you if Burrow went down like that the Bengals would crumble and probably not win another game all season.

I don't know when if ever, things are going to change. We've all been pointing to the day when SoP no longer runs things but with "Pumkin" looking more and more like the guord that didn't grow too far down the vine I'm seriously beginning to wonder if we'll realistically ever see any fundemental systemic change in this organization.

Time will tell but I wouldn't put any money on it at this point...
You are right, the culture isn't effected greatly by ownership or management. The culture is brought in by a player, like a Tom Brady, or a coach that knows the type of guys he wants in his locker room. Similar to the beginning of the Marvin Lewis era, he brought in guys with winning attitudes and they turned this franchise around. As you fill you're locker room with guys like that and the culture shifts you can bring in a few knuckle heads like we did and turn them around. However our mistake is we brought in too many of them and they ended up changing the culture for the worse.

With all that being said I think Joe Burrow is that kind of guy that will demand guys work harder and change the culture here. We've already seen quickly his impact on the locker room, we are now just waiting for it to translate to on the field performance.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:00 pm

SI saying what we all already know, the Bengals are going to get Burrow killed if they don't do something soon. They advocate a trade. Hmmmmm.....where have I heard that one before.... :roll:

[https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/ben ... nsive-line]

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Bengals waived G Deion Calhoun.

Bengals claimed Calhoun off waivers from Miami to open the season but failed to get him a single regular-season snap through three games. Guard Keaton Sutherland was promoted in a corresponding move.

Source: Cincinnati Bengals on Twitter
Sep 28, 2020, 3:35 PM ET
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:41 pm

TheBurn wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 pm
Bengals waived G Deion Calhoun.

Bengals claimed Calhoun off waivers from Miami to open the season but failed to get him a single regular-season snap through three games. Guard Keaton Sutherland was promoted in a corresponding move.

Source: Cincinnati Bengals on Twitter
Sep 28, 2020, 3:35 PM ET
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:04 pm