Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:32 am

Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:10 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:41 pm
Mag wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:47 pm
Bengals Beat Podcast mentioned an interesting tidbit. Billy Price has been working out with an OL consultant to improve technique. Seems he took his struggles as a challenge to get better.

That would be huge, if he could win one of the OG spots.
Agree. I'm ok if he cant play center, but atlesst get lg or rg locked up so it truly doesn't feel bust like.

Ok. Here's a question...

Why did he have to hire someone or go outside the organization. Couldnt one of our own work with him, maybe an oline assistant or hell our oline coach?
I think the CBA limits offseason contact between players and coaches.
I believe it does, see Tom Coughlin being fired this week for this exact same thing I think.

Exile

Post by Exile » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:37 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:32 am
Mag wrote:
Joe Bananas wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:41 pm

Agree. I'm ok if he cant play center, but atlesst get lg or rg locked up so it truly doesn't feel bust like.

Ok. Here's a question...

Why did he have to hire someone or go outside the organization. Couldnt one of our own work with him, maybe an oline assistant or hell our oline coach?
I believe it does, see Tom Coughlin being fired this week for this exact same thing I think.
Yeah, what they said. That's why you also see some quarterbacks going and working with private coaches.

And I love that Billy Price is working to get better. Maybe he'll never justify a first-round pick, but he's on the roster now and I'd love to see him become a quality starter at guard (or center, of course). I love a good redemption story.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:48 am

Exile wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:37 am
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:32 am
Mag wrote:

Yeah, what they said. That's why you also see some quarterbacks going and working with private coaches.

And I love that Billy Price is working to get better. Maybe he'll never justify a first-round pick, but he's on the roster now and I'd love to see him become a quality starter at guard (or center, of course). I love a good redemption story.
Well I love seeing him working but IT IS HIS JOB!!! I am one of the largest Billy Price's apologist here and I want nothing but for him to be a solid starter for years and years here.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:22 am

Another wasted 1st round pick.... :x

Paul Dehner Jr. (@pauldehnerjr) Tweeted:
I don’t really know why people are talking about this it’s so obvious, but just to be clear: There is no way in hell the Bengals pick up John Ross’ 5th-year option.

I'd expect they let Ross play out his contract year this season, hope he plays great and earns himself a ton of money then make the decision next March whether to bring him back or not depending on the market.

But they aren't giving him $16M to play here in 2021.

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:46 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:22 am

I don’t really know why people are talking about this it’s so obvious, but just to be clear: There is no way in hell the Bengals pick up John Ross’ 5th-year option.

I'd expect they let Ross play out his contract year this season, hope he plays great and earns himself a ton of money then make the decision next March whether to bring him back or not depending on the market.

There is no way anybody would think a team would by Ross 16 million.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:53 pm

4256 Hits wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:46 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:22 am

There is no way anybody would think a team would by Ross 16 million.
16 mil, definitely not. But I guarantee that if he stays healthy this year (big if) somebody is going to want to give him more money than the Bengals because they will think they can fix what the Bengals did wrong and put his speed and first round talent to use.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Jmble wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:53 pm
... somebody is going to want to give him more money than the Bengals because they will think they can fix what the Bengals did wrong and put his speed and first round talent to use.
And after he scores 20+ TDs and helps someone else win a Super Bowl Mag will cite him as another great Bengals first round pick... :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:03 pm

By drafting Higgings and having a full Aj Green back to healthy, why not try to trade him? Hell even a second round pick would frigging help.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Mag

Post by Mag » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:44 pm
Jmble wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:53 pm
... somebody is going to want to give him more money than the Bengals because they will think they can fix what the Bengals did wrong and put his speed and first round talent to use.
And after he scores 20+ TDs and helps someone else win a Super Bowl Mag will cite him as another great Bengals first round pick... :roll:
If he becomes a fringe hall of famer or better, I'd say that. That being said, there's no comparison to Smith. While there is some disappointment in his lack of sacks, one has to be high not to admit that he wasn't an impact player every year he was on this team.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:18 pm

Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:34 pm
... there's no comparison to Smith. While there is some disappointment in his lack of sacks, one has to be high not to admit that he wasn't an impact player every year he was on this team.
Smith's biggest impact as a Bengal was that his selection kept us from drafting someone more impactful in his place. :roll: