Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Exile

Re: Bengals Related News & Notes

Post by Exile » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 am

Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:39 am
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/car ... tions-role

Uh oh. :?
One of the things Dehner harped on was how little a lot of the veterans on d-line played, not just Dunlap, but Geno and to a certain extent even Lawson? Why were those guys not playing more down the stretch, and instead we see guys who were on the practice squad or free agents at start of the season?

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am

i dont care what the back of their jerseys say.... i want the guys that are producing the most on the field.

therein lies the problem..... are all the vets being outplayed? ... or is Zac just sucking it up at playtime decisions???? i dunno the answer....

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:04 am

orange_black wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am
i dont care what the back of their jerseys say.... i want the guys that are producing the most on the field.

therein lies the problem..... are all the vets being outplayed? ... or is Zac just sucking it up at playtime decisions???? i dunno the answer....
I seriously doubt Zac is micro managing playtime of the D-line like that. Again I think a lot of this is the position coaches and coordinators who are the real problem. Zac manages the game and I think he does a pretty good job of that, I don't see the complaining like I saw under Marv.

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:16 am

i think you are prolly right about the micromanaging..... will be interesting to see the defneses PFF rankings this week....

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm

That sound you hear is this organization scrapping the bottom of the barrel.... :roll:

Jay Morrison (@JayMorrisonATH)
The #Bengals have signed Margus Hunt and waived Andrew Brown.

Jmble

Post by Jmble » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:10 pm
That sound you hear is this organization scrapping the bottom of the barrel.... :roll:

I'll take him over Brown. He had a couple of good years with the Colts. At the very least maybe he can block a field goal.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Jmble wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

I'll take him over Brown. He had a couple of good years with the Colts. At the very least maybe he can block a field goal.
That like saying, "I'd rather have Jack the Ripper over for dinner than Charles Manson....he killed fewer people." :roll:

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:37 pm

i will say this.... i am glad to see them active in TRYING anyways... to find some bodies that can help...

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:54 pm
Jmble wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:28 pm
Bengals1 wrote:

That like saying, "I'd rather have Jack the Ripper over for dinner than Charles Manson....he killed fewer people." :roll:
That is a crazy intellectually dishonest argument and you know it! haha seriously...

Mag

Post by Mag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:15 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 am

Or is Anarumo a bad coach not putting his best players in a position to succeed? Why would you ask a 30+ old DE that is 6'6" 280 lbs to be a standup LB? 30+ year old players that big don't get more athletic with age.

Zimmer is a fascinating DC. He came in with ML with an Odd mish mash of players left over from Frazier's scheme and Brez's scheme. He then took those cast offs and a journey man MLB in Dhani Jones and created a new scheme. It was a scheme that best fit his players and they all succeeded. He was never someone trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.