OSF Draft Grades.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

OSF Draft Grades.

Post by Bengals1 » Thu May 02, 2024 11:45 am

Okay, so most draft sites give us fairly high marks for our 2024 draft. But i'm curious what my fellow posters think. Using the standard A-F grading system what do you give the Bengals Draft this time around...? And why?

I'd give us a B+.

I was chatting with Jmble off-site and I thought he summed it up pretty succinctly. He said ,"It wasn't the most exciting draft ever because the positions we needed weren't very exciting."

I'm prone to agree.

I like the Mims move better and better the more I read about him. Until Meat brought him up a few days before the draft I was only vaguely aware of his name. His potential is through the roof.

I can live with the Jenkins pick although I would have preferred they'd packaged some of their later picks to move up and grab one of the more highly rated DTs rather than just sitting back and seeing who dropped to them. This is typical Bengal draft strategy however.

I also with they hadn't waiting till round 7 to address Center. However, once again, the player they did end up taking is rated pretty high for a 7th rounder.'

I also feel the Burton pick may end up being the steal of the draft. Wouldn't that be nice for a change?

So, what do you all think....?

MeatHeadbengal

Re: OSF Draft Grades.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri May 03, 2024 2:01 pm

I agree with your B+ grade

1) Mims I really like this pick and I'd like to give it an A+ but there are too many questions to be able to do that and we don't work on hopium around here. So a solid B+ for Mims I think is fitting, but with a ceiling of an A+

2) Jenkins is a solid pick and will be able to step in right away and contribute. Another good character guy this is a solid pick at a needed position, B+

3) Burton I think is probably a steal from everything I'm reading about this kid. I hope with our leadership they keep this kid on the straight and narrow. This will more then likely mean Higgins will be gone next year. I give this pick an A for the value.

4) All, I really like this kid and glad to see another home town kid on the roster, however he's coming off an ACL tear so my grade isn't going to be super high on him, C+.

6) McLachlan I'm excited to see where this kid fits in. He's a big body with very good catching skills. I feel like this was a value pick B

6) Johnson, I've heard a lot of really good things about this kid solid B

7) Lee, I really like this guy, he's got good feet and moves extremely well, better pass pro then run blocker but let's see if we can actually develop a guy for once. Solid B

I know I didn't do all the picks I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the picks and their tape. I'm leaving that for the dog days of summer in case the Reds start to suck.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:51 pm

I was also concerned when we didn't draft a Punter but the one we signed as an UDFA looks pretty solid...

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/the-athl ... ti-bengals

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Sat May 04, 2024 8:32 am

Have to concur... B+ seems accurate.
The Big names are who and what they are (Mims, Jenkins, etc)
I honestly didn't even think Burton was on their board at all.
The more I read up on All and McLachlan the more it seems like we're set at TE for a while.
Lee is as solid a late pick as you will ever see and he can easily be our starting C in '25