2024 Draft Predictions.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Bengals1

2024 Draft Predictions.

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:30 am

Okay, as usual let's here your predictions for the Bengals selection at #18. Let us know who you want them to select and then who you think they'll actually select.

I'll start...

Who I want: Any of the top four O-linemen at this point. I just want to see Joe Glass stay upright for an entire 17 game season. That's our best chance to get to another Super Bowl.

Who I think they'll end up taking: Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois.
My gut tells me the top 3 O-linemen will probably be off the board when we come around at 18. I can just see Zac figuring the 2nd best DT is better than the 4th best O-linemen. (He might be right)

I hope I'm wrong, I hope one of the top Tackles falls to us but it's just not Bengals luck.

Whos up next.....?

MeatHeadbengal

Re: 2024 Draft Predictions.

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:45 pm

Personally I'm hoping they take Mimms and I have a feeling they're taking Mimms.

I honestly think Mimms could very well end up being the best OT in this draft.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:26 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:45 pm
Personally I'm hoping they take Mimms and I have a feeling they're taking Mimms.

Not trying to be a jerk (for once) but it's Mims with one M.

He's projected as a late 1st rounder. The knock seems to be he's a bit more raw than the other top prospects. His footwork appears to be his biggest weakness at the moment.

My only concern with a player like that is we don't seem to develop O-linemen particularly well. :?

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:51 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:26 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:45 pm

Not trying to be a jerk (for once) but it's Mims with one M.

He's projected as a late 1st rounder. The knock seems to be he's a bit more raw than the other top prospects. His footwork appears to be his biggest weakness at the moment.

My only concern with a player like that is we don't seem to develop O-linemen particularly well. :?
He's inexperienced not raw, there's a difference. He's at his size one of the most athletic O-linemen in this class, and he's actually one of the best OT's in this class in space. To me that means we'll be able to be on an island and handle wide alignment DE's better then others. This is why I'd like to see him be drafted at 18. Also when you say late 1st, isn't he rated low 20's in the draft class? I would take him over all other OT's except Joe Alt.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:10 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:51 pm
He's inexperienced not raw, there's a difference. He's at his size one of the most athletic O-linemen in this class, and he's actually one of the best OT's in this class in space. To me that means we'll be able to be on an island and handle wide alignment DE's better then others. This is why I'd like to see him be drafted at 18. Also when you say late 1st, isn't he rated low 20's in the draft class? I would take him over all other OT's except Joe Alt.
Of course I'm only going by what I read on the draft sites. When they list the top prospects at each position he's usually listed outside the top 5.

That doesn't mean he won't be a solid pick I realize.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:25 pm

Too many question marks with Mims. We HAVE to hit on this pick. Just say no to Mims

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:43 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:30 am
Okay, as usual let's here your predictions for the Bengals selection at #18. Let us know who you want them to select and then who you think they'll actually select.

I'll start...

Who I want: Any of the top four O-linemen at this point. I just want to see Joe Glass stay upright for an entire 17 game season. That's our best chance to get to another Super Bowl.

Who I think they'll end up taking: Jer'Zhan Newton DT Illinois.
My gut tells me the top 3 O-linemen will probably be off the board when we come around at 18. I can just see Zac figuring the 2nd best DT is better than the 4th best O-linemen. (He might be right)

I hope I'm wrong, I hope one of the top Tackles falls to us but it's just not Bengals luck.

Whos up next.....?
Not being a jerk but it’s hear not here😉.
I think mims too and I think they will trade up back into the first for newton too… another thing they never do I know.
Looking forward to it, it has been a long offseason already 😩

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:12 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:10 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:51 pm
Of course I'm only going by what I read on the draft sites. When they list the top prospects at each position he's usually listed outside the top 5.

That doesn't mean he won't be a solid pick I realize.
B1 I completely understand that my opinion might not be the most popular and I'm ok with that, however I truly think Mims will be the best OT out of this draft. He's just built different moves different, like someone that becomes the new standard at the position kind of different. I also may be completely wrong, and I'm ok with taking a risk on that type of player. Many won't though.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 am

The last few years the Bengals have essentially only drafted players they had pre-draft contact with. With that said, I'm basing my entire mock here off who they've been in contact with per Joe Goodberry's spreadsheet

Round 1:
Guys I'm in favor of drafting (in order of preference that I think will actually be there at 18)
Johnny Newton, Fautanu, Fuagua, JC Latham

I hope they don't draft:
-Mims. He has meh written all over him. Rarely started, only 70 reps in pass protection, he's old (comparatively speaking) and we suck developing OL prospects
-anyone represented by Athlete's First (higgins/bates agent)
-any WR (plenty of talent late)

My prediction:
Johnny Newton, DT Illinois

DT is clearly the biggest gap on the team. Byron Murphy will be long gone & they have a serviceable plan for next year at tackle. They have to get a top talent DT and you just don't hit on those in late rounds of the draft.

The rest of my mock:
Round 2- Patrick Paul, OT Houston (They'll reach a bit, but this dude fits all the boxes. versatile, captain, high RAS score)
Round 3- Jalen McMillian WR, Washington (perfect Tyler Boyd replacement. one of these 3 day 2 picks will be WR)
Round 3- Cedrick Van Pran, C UGA
Round 4- Zach Zinter, G, Michigan
Round 5- Cam Hart, CB, ND
Round 6- Isaiah Davis, RB, SD State
Round 6- Qwantez Stiggers, CB, UFL
Round 7- Ryan Rekhow, P BYU
Round 7- Jowon Briggs, DT Cincy

I don't see 10 picks making the roster, so I hope this is a year they use some of this draft capital and move around to get guys who will actually help

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 am

DT is clearly the biggest gap on the team. Byron Murphy will be long gone & they have a serviceable plan for next year at tackle.
What is there "serviceable plan" for next year at tackle...?