Mock Draft Central

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Mock Draft Central

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:34 am

Any good Mock Drafts out there you willing to share?

I've done the PFF mock simulator daily for a few weeks now and I just don't like any of them. I either go T or DT in the first and then can't get one in the second.

Anyone else having this issue?

MeatHeadbengal

Re: Mock Draft Central

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:17 pm

R1: 18 Jer'Zhan Newton DI
R2: 49 Zach Frazier C
R3: 80 Blake Fisher T
R3: 97 Erick All TE

Not realistic but I thought it's the best I've had so far.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:53 am

i honestly think that's going to be the conundrum of this draft. we'll either get an elite RT at 18, or we'll need to reach for one of the 2-3 DT's that fit the mold of what we need. there aren't many DT's of the DJ reader making, and we might have to trade to get both the RT of the future and the DT of the future. with the comp picks, this might be the year we have the firepower for them to make a trade

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:15 pm

skycruiser wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:53 am
i honestly think that's going to be the conundrum of this draft. we'll either get an elite RT at 18, or we'll need to reach for one of the 2-3 DT's that fit the mold of what we need. there aren't many DT's of the DJ reader making, and we might have to trade to get both the RT of the future and the DT of the future. with the comp picks, this might be the year we have the firepower for them to make a trade
I like Blake Fisher in the later rounds T out of ND. I feel like there is good value there however will he be there in the 3rd or would we have to reach and grab him in the second? I really don't know this year, too many things up in the air, which is probably a good thing.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:29 pm

Look: Updated Offensive Line Consensus Board Ahead of 2024 NFL Draft

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/offensiv ... -nfl-draft

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 am

Screenshot_20240422-161635.png
Screenshot_20240422-161635.png (219.64 KiB) Viewed 65 times
A bit of a pipe dream.
Attachments
Screenshot_20240422-161635.png (219.64 KiB) Viewed 65 times

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:07 am

Give me all of that Mag! Here’s my mock that got buried in a pissing match with B1

The last few years the Bengals have essentially only drafted players they had pre-draft contact with. With that said, I'm basing my entire mock here off who they've been in contact with per Joe Goodberry's spreadsheet

Round 1:
Guys I'm in favor of drafting (in order of preference that I think will actually be there at 18)
Johnny Newton, Fautanu, Fuagua, JC Latham

I hope they don't draft:
-Mims. He has meh written all over him. Rarely started, only 70 reps in pass protection, he's old (comparatively speaking) and we suck developing OL prospects
-anyone represented by Athlete's First (higgins/bates agent)
-any WR (plenty of talent late)

My prediction:
Johnny Newton, DT Illinois

DT is clearly the biggest gap on the team. Byron Murphy will be long gone & they have a serviceable plan for next year at tackle. They have to get a top talent DT and you just don't hit on those in late rounds of the draft.

The rest of my mock:
Round 2- Patrick Paul, OT Houston (They'll reach a bit, but this dude fits all the boxes. versatile, captain, high RAS score)
Round 3- Jalen McMillian WR, Washington (perfect Tyler Boyd replacement. one of these 3 day 2 picks will be WR)
Round 3- Cedrick Van Pran, C UGA
Round 4- Zach Zinter, G, Michigan
Round 5- Cam Hart, CB, ND
Round 6- Isaiah Davis, RB, SD State
Round 6- Qwantez Stiggers, CB, UFL
Round 7- Ryan Rekhow, P BYU
Round 7- Jowon Briggs, DT Cincy

I don't see 10 picks making the roster, so I hope this is a year they use some of this draft capital and move around to get guys who will actually help

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:18 am

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:07 am
Give me all of that Mag! Here’s my mock that got buried in a pissing match with B1

The last few years the Bengals have essentially only drafted players they had pre-draft contact with. With that said, I'm basing my entire mock here off who they've been in contact with per Joe Goodberry's spreadsheet

Round 1:
Guys I'm in favor of drafting (in order of preference that I think will actually be there at 18)
Johnny Newton, Fautanu, Fuagua, JC Latham

I hope they don't draft:
-Mims. He has meh written all over him. Rarely started, only 70 reps in pass protection, he's old (comparatively speaking) and we suck developing OL prospects
-anyone represented by Athlete's First (higgins/bates agent)
-any WR (plenty of talent late)

My prediction:
Johnny Newton, DT Illinois

DT is clearly the biggest gap on the team. Byron Murphy will be long gone & they have a serviceable plan for next year at tackle. They have to get a top talent DT and you just don't hit on those in late rounds of the draft.

The rest of my mock:
Round 2- Patrick Paul, OT Houston (They'll reach a bit, but this dude fits all the boxes. versatile, captain, high RAS score)
Round 3- Jalen McMillian WR, Washington (perfect Tyler Boyd replacement. one of these 3 day 2 picks will be WR)
Round 3- Cedrick Van Pran, C UGA
Round 4- Zach Zinter, G, Michigan
Round 5- Cam Hart, CB, ND
Round 6- Isaiah Davis, RB, SD State
Round 6- Qwantez Stiggers, CB, UFL
Round 7- Ryan Rekhow, P BYU
Round 7- Jowon Briggs, DT Cincy

I don't see 10 picks making the roster, so I hope this is a year they use some of this draft capital and move around to get guys who will actually help
Good work Cruiser. I can't see 10 making it either. Which is why I think they'll trade up maybe in the second round or perhaps late first.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am

Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 am

A bit of a pipe dream.
I'm just being honest I pray we don't take Latham, he's got bust written all over him. I know you don't look at the school when you draft but Bama hasn't produced a good OT in a very very long time.

Mag

Post by Mag » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:58 am
Mag wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 am

A bit of a pipe dream.
I'm just being honest I pray we don't take Latham, he's got bust written all over him. I know you don't look at the school when you draft but Bama hasn't produced a good OT in a very very long time.
Wills was good, but has battled injuries. Neal should still be good, but switching sides has slowed his development. Has issues with hand placement on the right side.

I'm all likelihood, Latham will be picked in top 15, maybe top 10, if what I'm hearing is true.