Bengals v skids game thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
orange_black

Re: Bengals v skids game thread

Post by orange_black » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:18 pm

Well season is over for the bengals. Toughest schedule in the league. AFC north finishes with all teams over 500. We need burrow.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:07 pm

orange_black wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:18 pm
Well season is over for the bengals. Toughest schedule in the league. AFC north finishes with all teams over 500. We need burrow.
We need a LOT more than Burrow. We could easily live with the offensive output this year if we had a defense that could control the game and not give up big plays. We MUST work on the defense. My fear is that the coaching staff will roll the dice on all the youngsters and chalk in up to rookies learning the ropes and only address offense. We need to add a couple of veterans in the secondary and maybe a solid LB. If Wilson or Pratt goes down for any length of time we are screwed. And there are many that suggest we need an upgrade at LB with all the blown coverages from Wilson.
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:17 pm

Going to be the most crucial offseason I can remember

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:40 am

skycruiser wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:17 pm
Going to be the most crucial offseason I can remember
We've got key pieces we just need to resign some guys and bring in some quality guys via FA and draft.

We need resign Chase this off-season, don't wait. I honestly don't care if we resign Higgins or not, that's not going to be a popular opinion but he's injured a lot and we've done very well finding WR's in the draft. I feel like a solid 2nd round pick could take his place, and saves us money on a rookie deal.

We need to find a killer run stuffer nose tackle, Reader could be that guy late in FA if he rehabs well and no one picks him up. However I feel we really need to focus on DL and OL to solidify those 2 lines for the long term.

Other then that I kinda know the game plan, we'll find a FA TE late on the cheap for a 1 year prove it deal and maybe a CB or two.