Burrow's Injury.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Burrow's Injury.

Post by stripesincarolina » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:14 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:00 pm
Torn ligament. He might miss the beginning of the 2024 season too...

Joe Burrow to Miss Rest of 2023 Season With Wrist Injury

"He had an acute injury yesterday. He tore a ligament in his wrist," Taylor said. "It will likely require surgery and he'll be out for the season."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/joe ... ist-injury
That explains the pain. Can't imagine trying to fling a ball with a torn ligament. That had to hurt BAD.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:17 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
I haven't seen anything anywhere saying he'd miss any of the 2024 season as of yet.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:23 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:17 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
I haven't seen anything anywhere saying he'd miss any of the 2024 season as of yet.
Knee ligament damage is almost always a year recovery. I don't know why a wrist ligament would be any different.

I mean, maybe 10 months instead. But then he'd still miss all of training camp.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:44 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:23 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:17 pm
Bengals1 wrote:
Knee ligament damage is almost always a year recovery. I don't know why a wrist ligament would be any different.

I mean, maybe 10 months instead. But then he'd still miss all of training camp.
I completely understand what your saying with this however the wrist isn't a knee so it's really hard to compare those two.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:47 pm

Nothing we can do except take our lumps the remainder of the season and wish foe the best.

Sad. I'm not even mad. It just tears at your gut right now.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:48 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:44 pm
I completely understand what your saying with this however the wrist isn't a knee so it's really hard to compare those two.
According to the net there are three grades. The worst is grade 3...

Grade 3 — The ligament is fully torn, leading to intense pain, swelling, and bruising. The patient can't bear any weight on their wrist, nor can they successfully attempt a full range of motion. A Grade 3 sprained wrist can take anywhere from 6-9 months to properly heal.

So I suppose it depends on whether he has a Grade 1, 2 or 3 ligament tear.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:57 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:48 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:44 pm
According to the net there are three grades. The worst is grade 3...

Grade 3 — The ligament is fully torn, leading to intense pain, swelling, and bruising. The patient can't bear any weight on their wrist, nor can they successfully attempt a full range of motion. A Grade 3 sprained wrist can take anywhere from 6-9 months to properly heal.

So I suppose it depends on whether he has a Grade 1, 2 or 3 ligament tear.
Well I'm going to be optimistic about the surgery and recovery.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:45 pm

wonder if they go out and try to find a QB, though it'd have to be off the couch with the trade deadline come and gone :roll:

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:06 pm

I'm just mad because this never happens to Jackson-who looked like he broke his leg last night and last year but continued. Mahomes the same last year, seemed as of he had a high ankle sprain and limped to win super bowl. Big Ben wrecked his motorcycle and had half his face reconstructed and fucking played! But everytime Burrow gets dinged it's "well, seems like he's out for the season with a severe injury and may not ever come back" same thing with Palmer. Why it always fucking us?? That's what frustrating. Herbert playing with broken ribs last year and a broken bone in his hand this year...still fucking playing! Hurts roasted his knee, needs surgery BUT after the season cause he still playing! I don't fucking get it! Seems are qbs and players are always worse cases! Didn't Ben play with like broken ribs a finger and ankle sprain one year??
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:35 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:06 pm
I'm just mad because this never happens to Jackson-who looked like he broke his leg last night and last year but continued. Mahomes the same last year, seemed as of he had a high ankle sprain and limped to win super bowl. Big Ben wrecked his motorcycle and had half his face reconstructed and fucking played! But everytime Burrow gets dinged it's "well, seems like he's out for the season with a severe injury and may not ever come back" same thing with Palmer. Why it always fucking us?? That's what frustrating. Herbert playing with broken ribs last year and a broken bone in his hand this year...still fucking playing! Hurts roasted his knee, needs surgery BUT after the season cause he still playing! I don't fucking get it! Seems are qbs and players are always worse cases! Didn't Ben play with like broken ribs a finger and ankle sprain one year??
Some in the sports media are now referring to him as "Joe Glass."