Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
Joe Bananas

Re: Burrow's Injury.

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:29 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:17 am
Joe Bananas wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:35 am

Keep drafting your skill players and get your Oline via free agency.
The problem there is, we haven't been great in FA either!
I think everyone or alot think that signing a tier 2 or 3 fa olinemen and hoping he's a tier 1 is the issue. I mean Karras has been good and others.

The issues are Joe B passing 45 to 50 a games. He drops back way too much and that's asking alot of our Olinemen. And I see the oline collapsing on ever team. Dlineman, and overall the front 7 of the D are getting stronger, quicker and faster. I mean thr Chiefs and Chargers have spent gazillions on their olinmen and they are getting slaughtered. The eagles have one of the better oline and Hurts was sacked 3 times yesterday and countless of scrambles because his oline collapsed.

I just cannot see any team having a QB that's only going to be sacked 10 or 12 times a year anymore. Athletes are just freaks anymore and that's what we're seeing.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:29 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:04 am
Just checking in to see how everyone's doing? I can honestly say I haven't watched an NFL game since Burrow got injured. I haven't watched a highlight, seen a score or listened to a single down on the radio. And I can also honestly say I haven't missed it....
I have no idea who's won, who's lost, who's been injured or who's made a great play. I don't know who's moved into first place or who's fallen to last place. I have no clue and I don't care. Like I've said before; I love pro football but I HATE the NFL!
Checking in on ya B1... our Boys are playing quite well, you coming back before end of season?

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:19 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:04 am
Just checking in to see how everyone's doing?

I can honestly say I haven't watched an NFL game since Burrow got injured. I haven't watched a highlight, seen a score or listened to a single down on the radio.

And I can also honestly say I haven't missed it.

I have no idea who's won, who's lost, who's been injured or who's made a great play. I don't know who's moved into first place or who's fallen to last place. I have no clue and I don't care.

Like I've said before; I love pro football but I HATE the NFL!

I did however, watch the Grey Cup from Canada a few Sunday's back and it was one of the best sports watching experiences I've had in several years.

The pre-game band was some group I've never heard of but they set up in the parking lot of the stadium and just played music. The crowd sang along and everyone seemed to have a great time. The half-time band was Green Day (Naturally). A stage was set up in one end zone and the band played four or five of their songs. Just like the versions on the radio. No extra long guitar riffs, no virtue signaling, no one smashed their guitar after the set was over, no one shouted out any political message. No one tore off their own or anyone else's clothing, no elaborate background set pieces, no dancing sharks. Just a short concert of their hits. That's it. The crowd loved it!

As for the game, it was spectacular. The underdog Montreal Alouettes scored the winning TD on a long pass with 11 seconds remaining to beat the heavily favored Winnipeg Blue Bombers. No phantom holding calls at the last moment to alter the game. No purely subjective roughing the quarterback calls to swing the momentum. No questionable PI calls to artificially keep a drive alive. And most importantly, no targeting calls that cost a player or team a huge penalty at a critical moment.

After the game the crowd cheered and ultimately left peacefully. No fights, nobody got beat up or knifed and the camera didn't pan up to some celebrity in the booth four or five times. Just good old fashioned football. It was like watching an NFL game from the 80s or 90s again. It reminded me why I fell in love with the game of football as a kid.

I've followed the CFL since I first got cable TV back in the mid-80s and games like this are the reason. Its just football without all the nonsense and corporate greed that's ruining the NFL.

Imagine that!

I don't expect I'll watch any more NFL games this season, least of all till the play-offs start. Then maybe just to see some team I hate get beat.

I'll check back in when the draft threads start, earlier than usual this season sadly. But then, we're Bungal fans, we're used to it...
Is it any coincidence the bengals can’t be stopped once drive killer stops following?

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:02 pm

He's watching....and he'll be back for the Chiefs game when we are 9-6. Mark my words, B1 needs his voice to be heard. He won't be able to contain himself.

Besides, if he doesnt show up he'll ride into next season having to change his moniker to Bandwagon1.
Seeking Superbowls

4256 Hits

Post by 4256 Hits » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:08 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:02 pm

Besides, if he doesnt show up he'll ride into next season having to change his moniker to Bandwagon1.
That does have a good ring to it. I think we should all make the new name stick.

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
He's watching....and he'll be back for the Chiefs game when we are 9-6. Mark my words, B1 needs his voice to be heard. He won't be able to contain himself.

Could it be because there’s nothing to complain about the last 2 games?

Joe the Sot

Post by Joe the Sot » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:06 am

skycruiser wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:16 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:

Could it be because there’s nothing to complain about the last 2 games?
😂😂😂