Bengals vs Titans Game Thread.

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: Bengals vs Titans Game Thread.

Post by stripesincarolina » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:49 pm

https://youtu.be/vn9LOI0oTBU?si=BiS8i0lwpVr2WgmI

I offer you AJ McCarron. Watch the whole thing, but specifically 1:40 and 2:10. Burrow cannot do this right now and it is killing us. Give me AJ for AZ and Seattle. I'll take my chances.
Seeking Superbowls

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:14 pm

Well we just got back from camping… gosh what is wrong with this team…

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:10 am

I'm 100% in the keep playing Burrow over Browning camp and that's not going to change. If Burrow re-injures his calf we're done for the season anyway. Browning is horrible, and he isn't going to lead us to a single win if he's in there.

If you think it's wise to sit Burrow for the next two games you're good with being 1-5 going into the bye week and I'm just not down for that.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:53 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:10 am
I'm 100% in the keep playing Burrow over Browning camp and that's not going to change. If Burrow re-injures his calf we're done for the season anyway. Browning is horrible, and he isn't going to lead us to a single win if he's in there.

If you think it's wise to sit Burrow for the next two games you're good with being 1-5 going into the bye week and I'm just not down for that.
I'll take McCarron as well then. He threw for 420 and 6 TDs less than 6 months ago. Give him a running game and a shortened play list this week and let him go.

Update - Reid Sinnett released from practice squad. Bring on AJ!!
Seeking Superbowls

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:42 pm

MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I understand your feelings Meat. But the only way we'll know if one of our other QBs can fair better is to try them.

I don't think the preseason alone is enough to judge by.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:59 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:42 pm
MeatHeadbengal wrote:

I understand your feelings Meat. But the only way we'll know if one of our other QBs can fair better is to try them.

I don't think the preseason alone is enough to judge by.
Personally I saw enough of Browning to know he's terrible. I'm not comfortable with going 1-5 into the bye and that's what we'd be with Browning as QB1.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:32 pm

The job of a backup QB is to go in when the starter is injured. Burrow can't move on that strained calf that's all there is to it.
We're losing games because of his immobility and not being able to push off on it when he throws the ball.

We can lose with a backup just as easily but at least Burrow will have time to heal. That's the deciding factor for me.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:16 pm

Higgins and Cam Brit-Taylor are already ruled out for the game.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:49 pm

Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:16 pm

Jay Morrison @ByJayMorrison
Cam Taylor-Britt back to work today.

Ya know Joe, as often as you're wrong yet have such strongly held opinions we may need a new nickname for you.

I was going to suggest mini-meat but that's what Stripes wife calls him so that's taken. :lol:

We'll come up with something... ;)

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:14 pm

Bengals1 wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:49 pm
Joe Bananas wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:16 pm

Jay Morrison @ByJayMorrison
Cam Taylor-Britt back to work today.

Ya know Joe, as often as you're wrong yet have such strongly held opinions we may need a new nickname for you.

I was going to suggest mini-meat but that's what Stripes wife calls him so that's taken. :lol:

We'll come up with something... ;)
That's what was on SI from that goofy ass sports reporter that covers the team. I can't think of his mane. Little blonde haired dude. It was yesterday he posted it. Maybe he meant from practice but I thought it was for this Sunday.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.