White tigers v goats game thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
orange_black

Re: White tigers v goats game thread

Post by orange_black » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:33 pm

1-2 is way better than 0-3. Looking back on it it’s a good win. Burrow is healthy and gets another week to rest

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:35 pm

Another Prime -Time win too. 8-)

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:35 pm

We also seem to be getting better and better…

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:53 pm

stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:18 pm
Just be glad Burrow isnt dating Taylor Swift. :lol:
I second this!

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:54 pm

orange_black wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:35 pm
We also seem to be getting better and better…
That's how it worked last year too. Hopefully we start hitting our stride much earlier then last year.

Next week is a huge game, Tenn is going to be angry after losing this weekend. I hope our O-line is up to the challenge!

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:36 am

MeatHeadbengal wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:53 pm
stripesincarolina wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:18 pm
Just be glad Burrow isnt dating Taylor Swift. :lol:
I second this!
Taylor did a still photo shoot on our NY Street Backlot several years ago for European Vogue. She was very nice.

The photographer decided without warning he wanted to photograph her on top of one of our building facades. Although they're built to stand on and even have film cameras placed on them there are all kinds of safety issues involved. You can't just climb up and start shooting.

His demand started a mild curfufal and eventually I got called. It was determined they could go up and photograph her up there if they agreed to follow the state safety codes. They agreed and up we all went.

The code required Taylor to be safety strapped to the roof of the facade. We spent like 45 minutes trying to figure out how to hook a safety cable up to her without it showing on the short dress she was wearing. She never got short with us or complained once. It was summer time in LA too and we were on the top of a fake building in downtown Hollywood. It was hot!!!

Eventually the photographer gave up and we all trooped back down to street level so they could finish their shoot. The whole ordeal was for nothing.

I did get a couple of panty shots in while trying to figure out if a safety strap would attach to the inside of her dress. ;)

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:37 am

Massive defensive performance. Still furious burrow threw 49 times while mixon was hot, but Joe seemed to settle in as the game went on and the old offense seems back

But dudes…our punter is super suspect….

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:14 am

skycruiser wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:37 am
Massive defensive performance. Still furious burrow threw 49 times while mixon was hot, but Joe seemed to settle in as the game went on and the old offense seems back

But dudes…our punter is super suspect….
A couple of things I noticed from out Punter, the ball is always placed between the numbers and the sideline and there's hardly ever any returns. Personally I feel this is exactly what they want in a Punter. Huber never had a lot of long punts in his day, and this kid seems to be a carbon copy of how Huber punts.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:38 am

Obviously we're all happy with the win but there are a couple of things that are still worrisome...

Volson got abused like a babysitter at JoeB's house. I know they lined up Aaron Donald over him a lot last night and he's one of the top rushers in the game but still. Volson was a turnstile last night....period. And it's not just last night, he's been getting beaten often this season. I know it's early and maybe it's just rust but this trend is worrisome, especially playing in front of a QB with a gimpy leg.

Where is our first round pick? I literally never heard his name called last night, not once. And just like the Volson situation this is something that's been going on since the start of the season. I never heard him mentioned during the preseason either. Should we start calling him the invisible man...? It's way too early to label him a bust but you'd expect some production out of him, a flash here and there...something. Instead...nada...zilch...bumpkiss.

I'm all for enjoying the win for now but these trends are bubbling just below the surface. Like Meat at a Sizzler all you can eat rib buffet you have to wonder if they're going to rear up and bite us in the ass....

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:47 am

could've sworn Murphy was actually involved (like brought a bit of pressure) on one of Trey's sacks ;)