White tigers v goats game thread

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
stripesincarolina

Re: White tigers v goats game thread

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:24 am

Bengals1 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:19 pm
Tyler Curtis @tc696
A lot of crap being given to Volson today and I understand why. But let’s be serious here. Burrow was sacked twice and hit 6 times. That’s not a bad day for “a bad line."

David James @jdavis3142
@LanceMcAlister
Burrow looks like he's getting some confidence back. Dax Hill looked great. Tee needs to figure it out. Two drops and a PI call are not great. Interior OL needs to be addressed, Volson is getting eaten up.

Jeff Beckham @Jeff_Beckham
Volson is not off to a great start. Sophomore slump? Karras will be helping him a lot this season - hopefully.

Bengalscentre @bengaIscentre
Bottom three Bengals from their week three win against the Rams:

1. Cordell Volson
2. Tee Higgins
3. Brad Robbins

steven p. evans @stevo599
Volson is not going to like the tape, when it is played in the o-line room, this week.He was terrible!

Let me explain the above since I'm sure it will go over some people's heads. (Guess who...? ;) )

I'm merely pointing out here what I said before, I'm not the only one who felt Volson was/is the weak link on our O-line right now. Other people are seeing it too. Lots of other people. I could have posted 20 more Tweets just like these but I trust I've made my point.

And since if I don't repeat this some (you know who ;) ) will accuse me of hating Volson and wanting him dead ill say this again...

It's early....he's only in his second season...let's see how he plays in the next two weeks...we can reevaluate him at the bye...yadda....yadda...yadda...

Yeesh.... :roll:
Volson's PFF grade was 0.0. He is now ranked dead last for Guards. And most of his snaps were likely scored as "no contest" because the ball came out so quickly. Meaning he lost nearly every snap that mattered.
Seeking Superbowls

MeatHeadbengal

Re: White tigers v goats game thread

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:30 am

stripesincarolina wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:24 am
Volson's PFF grade was 0.0. He is now ranked dead last for Guards. And most of his snaps were likely scored as "no contest" because the ball came out so quickly. Meaning he lost nearly every snap that mattered.
That makes a lot of sense if that's how they grade. I personally didn't see a 0.0 but I'm not an expert anymore, just a guy that used to do it a certain way.

Edit: I'd like to add this 0.0 is pass pro only, and even with that we dropped back 50 times and Volson only gave up 1 sack. They isolated him with Donald and he only gave up 1 sack. We've seen a lot worse over the past years, and I'll take it.