Official week 1 Bengals vrs Browns

Let's talk Cincinnati Bengals football!
MeatHeadbengal

Official week 1 Bengals vrs Browns

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:58 pm

So the season is FINALLY here, it's showing us as giving 2 points at their place. So many questions to be answered but what say you?

stripesincarolina

Re: Official week 1 Bengals vrs Browns

Post by stripesincarolina » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:42 pm

We're going to struggle. But Cleveland likely will as well. I keep harping back on Wk 1 last year against the Stoolers and I can find plenty of ways for us to lose this game given the Oline changes, Burrow being rusty (and far less mobile than Watson), Dline and secondary changes, starters not playing, etc.

Going purely on a gut feel of being on the road, divisional matchup and what happened last year under similar circumstances, we come up just short in a defensive battle loaded with turnovers.

Stains - 19
Cats - 17
Seeking Superbowls

skycruiser

Post by skycruiser » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:44 am

agree with stripes. this will be clunky and disjointed with us scoring at the end of the first half, beginning of 2nd half, and then to win the game

cats 24
stains 22

you heard it here first

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:16 pm

The outcome of this game is entirely up to the Bengals. They're the better team......hands down. Its just a matter of which Bengals team shows up and with this bunch is always a crap-shoot. :roll:

If the team that started last season unprepared to play that rested too many starters and had no cohesion along the Offensive Line with a rusty Burrow at the helm shows up:

Clowns 31
Kitties 20

If the team that righted the ship and finished last season strongly with a healthy Burrow shows up:

Cats 28
Clowns 13

We'll just have to see.... :?

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:35 pm

nice of B1 to go ahead and pick both scenarios so he's right.

Bengals roll and the NFL is put on notice.

Bengals 31
skidz 17(late garbage td)

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:05 pm

There is so much to take into account for this game. I know I've seen folks talk about the start we had last year and I don't think that's something we can honestly say is going to happen again. Burrow isn't coming off a major surgery like last year and the line has had time to play together unlike last year. With that being said though we are playing in a rivalry game in their stadium and we haven't had the best luck against them in years past. On the other hand they haven't had the greatest of opening day records with only winning a couple or so games on opening day for the last 20 years. I feel like we have the better team all around but they have a very good defense that can give us fits.

Bengals 17
Browns 20

I know I know, it's a rivalry game on the road and I just don't like how we've played in this series under Burrow.

stripesincarolina

Post by stripesincarolina » Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:43 pm

I have long term faith in Jonah at RT. But I think he is going to struggle early and often in this game. The speed is going to get him and as we often see when linemen switch sides, his former "instincts" will have him tripping all over himself for a few series.

These games are so damn close all the time it will likely come down to not having enough possessions left to go win it.
Seeking Superbowls

TheBurn

Post by TheBurn » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:23 pm

Cats 27, Stains 16

orange_black

Post by orange_black » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:41 pm

orange_black wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:35 pm
nice of B1 to go ahead and pick both scenarios so he's right.

Bengals roll and the NFL is put on notice.

Bengals 31
skidz 17(late garbage td)
The nfl will be put on notice.

Bengals1

Post by Bengals1 » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:29 pm

Jay Morrison @ByJayMorrison
Ossai out here in cleats going through stretch. We’ll get the official game status around 2.