Post by skycruiser » Mon May 01, 2023 5:56 am

Hey, at least we can somewhat cover TEs now

Bengals1

Re: Rounds 4-7 Draft Thread

Post by Bengals1 » Mon May 01, 2023 8:37 am

skycruiser wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:56 am
Hey, at least we can somewhat cover TEs now
Wasn't that Flower's forte' and he's gone now.

Joe Bananas

Post by Joe Bananas » Mon May 01, 2023 11:21 am

skycruiser wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:56 pm
Idk I’m kinda meh about it. Don’t disagree or dislike any pics, but there is nothing to be excited about for next year. Like y’all the window is NOW. In hindsight, I would have liked another offensive weapon for Joe. I could see Mayer winning a playoff game for us over Myles Murphy.
Sorta the same way. My feeling is let's play for now. I understand these picks can potentially be good. I think for me, the lack of selecting an Olineman may have me like ehh about these picks. The number 1 concern for this team is to protect Burrow, there is no second concern. I know we signed Zues Jr, but Jonah is unhappy, Collins hurt and can Cody Ford even play RT?? And tight end. I know we have Samples back Assi and Irv Smith. I think we were going to take Mallory late in the draft but someone got him a few picks early.

I like the draft, I really do! But I'm not in love with it yet.
I was crazy back when being crazy really meant something.

Exile

Post by Exile » Mon May 01, 2023 2:28 pm

I think it was a solid draft, and one that balances between this season and the long-term. Murphy in the first should be an immediate rotation guy who makes our pass rush better, helps keep other guys fresh, and gives more depth if guys get dinged up. That corner in the 2nd would presumably be much like CTB was last year, eased in as a backup and able to step in later in the season if necessary and hold down a starting spot. I can't remember the last time our starting corners have made it through an entire season, so that seems like a good pickup to help right now and for the future. Battle isn't an elite athlete, but he was a captain at Alabama and definitely seems like a guy who could come up in a safety room that's pretty uncertain right now.

And just overall, it seems like we've drafted a bunch of guys who work hard, high character guys who fit into and continue to build the culture. And a lot of very athletic guys, too. We'll have to wait and see, but I think it shaped up pretty well.

I would have liked to have seen us take a tight end rather than adding an undrafted guy, but Irv Smith and Drew Sample should be... fine. I would have liked to have seen us take an o-lineman too, but it's a pretty solid group we've got... as long as we can get healthy. The line was coming together late in the season, just a rough time to have some key injuries.

MeatHeadbengal

Post by MeatHeadbengal » Tue May 02, 2023 8:42 pm

https://youtu.be/y51osERCDxo

Interesting video.